Gorn Bot

Eagle

I had a chance to see the Gorn Robot in the flesh and it's too bad you guys can't see the cool way it lights up. This is a really impressive creation. Great job, Eagle!

Mark, incredible work, I love it! Reminds me of maybe Great Garloo's little brother...I'm sure GG would strain his back trying to pick this fella up!!! Better in this guise than TOBY the Atomic Robot with flashing eyes and gun. Does he still smoke or did he give it up for a patch? :P :lol:

You're a great artist/sculptor/inventor/craftsman all in one.

Thats funny Morbius ..artist.. Yeah BS artist.. :rolleyes: It is a strobot, like the ones Pat and I once discussed as having one redeeming quality . Using them for turkey shoots. However,they are fantastic for conversions. They are very robust and have a lot of great features. The smoke feature does not work on this one. Too bad. I have 2 more I'm building . Very different then this one and the Dark Knight I sold last year at the York Toy show. I think I'm going to do a series of these. This is also the bot that was used [during dis-assembly] to shoot the "Fallen soldier" photo. A very versatile robot. I bought three more this week.

http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c112/Eag...nt=MVI_7679.flv

post-545-1258587152.jpg

post-545-1258587231.jpgpost-545-1258587246.jpg

post-545-1258587152.jpg

post-545-1258587231.jpg

post-545-1258587246.jpg

Alright, now that I'm back from the front,,, I started a new project. A robot Gorn. Always liked the Gorn . HIIIIISSSSS Kirk surrender now and I will make it a merciful death.............. HIIISSSS !! The head started as a flat pice of sheet metal and I worked it on a lead bag . then peened the whole thing to give it a scaly look. Tonight I mounted it to the bot body and finished the eyes and such. will try to finish it up this weekend. The paint will not be gloss when finished. Plus he is a mechanical version of a Gorn,,,, needs some antenna.

Nice Job Eagle....cheers nasa

Archived