50 Cal Rail Gun

Eagle

One 50 cal shoulder fired kinetic rail gun. Rear magazine holds 120 rds of depleted iridium sabots. The power source is americium 242 and the magnetic induction coils are supercooled by liquid Nitrogen to provide superconductivity. Range ,2500 meters at a muzzle velocity of 3000 meters / second. Max hull penetration for armored alien craft is 800 meters atmospheric firing and unlimited in vacuum environment. Gun is near silent in operation except for sonic report created by hyper speed projectile. Weight fully loaded 4.3 kilo.

This is a non firing prototype .

post-545-1252865111.jpg

post-545-1252865120.jpg

"This is a non firing prototype ."

Let me know when you got a working product up and arunning.

I got me some squirrels I need to put a hurt on.

Dang varnits are eatin up my corn mash fixens again.

Looks like it was fun to make.

Mr. Jan

Fantastic work Mark as always. Very cool. I can not figure out where you come up with these parts or how you decide "that is the perfect ray gun part". But however you do it keep doing it because this stuff is awesome.

JimK

Phil, the gun is held over the shoulder like a bazooka or RPG . It is held on the left or right shoulder. Doesn't matter, the sight is holographic and will be displayed as such. Pat, the ammo is much easier to obtain than M1 carbine . Jim ,it took a couple of hours to build this gun. The weather was nasty and I had no projects or honey-do lists lined up. In other words,,,,I had nothing to do !! :blush: So , I went down to the shop and put this together in a couple of hours. Grabbing a part or two and visualizing what it will be is a process of evolution [Not organic]. You take one or two components,sit down and look at them. Then a part fits here, but no....another part.....no that's not it. Put that aside. This part should go here,,,,,no it's backwards. Tear it all apart. Start over. OK, this is the concept,,what parts can take us there.........oh that part,,,,no !!! That one,,,yess.... That part and this one. Now add the components to finish the concept then change it 20 times.....There you have it ! :D Right Andy ?

post-545-1252892966.jpg

Archived