Deco 30 Blaster

Phil R

post-221-1249740945.jpgpost-221-1249740956.jpgI had this idea a few months back. I found a cool early bakelite massager that I though would make a great raygun. Now it's become a reality. I put together all the parts and started the internal function process with an existing new cheap raygun. Mark fine tuned the electronics and made the trigger guard, trigger and three discs to my specs. The firing chamber lights next to the body and it makes different gun noises. The disc on the side hides the speaker. Total length about 12 inches. I wanted it to be a whimsical gun in the design of something from the 1930s. Hence the name DECO 30 BLASTER. I can't do sound on my camera. I don't have a video camera. Later ambitious expenditures this year to be video camera, new digital camera and new computer. Got to have these for new granddaughter. 😄

post-221-1249740945.jpg

post-221-1249740956.jpg

Very cool, Phil! When you showed me the different pieces at Joe's, I had a vague idea of how it would look -- but it came out even nicer than I imagined. :)

Well, I already made a modification to the look of the gun. Mark and I thought it would look better if the trigger guard design would match the gun body. I think it's an improvement. :)

post-221-1249757864.jpg

Archived