Alphabot - He's Here!

steve

WOW and OMG!!!!!!! He is fabulous. Everything about him is perfect -from his look - heft -gait and remote. John perhaps your best creation yet!! Thx!!!

Let me add that John's packing job worked - my little friend arrived safe and sound!!!

So glad the trip was a safe one for Chrome AlphaBot! Now lets here in from Pat, Chuck and Darryl "when he gets back in town. Those two test kits should be arriving very soon as well.

Congratulations, Steve!

That chrome version is beautiful, and since John was kind enough to offer me a white one, I can confirm that the actions and everything else about the AlphaBot are absolutely first-rate.

Lacking the talent to assemble one of these bad boys myself, I jumped at the chance to acquire one built by the master.

If anyone is on the fence about getting one yourself, BUY IT!

You will be very happy you did, and besides; where else are you going to find such a perfect physical manifestation of your love for Alphadrome?

post-309-1249697104.jpg

post-309-1249697129.jpg

post-309-1249697116.jpg

Looking good, guys! Steve -- love the chrome. I'd like to compare it to my silver one if we ever get a chance, to see how the chrome differs from the silver.

MaxPower -- the white is fantastic. Great looking toy!

Congrats to the both of you!

These Alphabots arriving everywhere is mind boggling when you think it seems like only a few weeks ago we were just disscussing the whole concept.

We all know that this is mainly down to the complete dedication and skill of the robot master John Rigg,,,I know I'm allways 'gusshing' praise out to John but when you see what he mainly has achieved on his own here how can I contain myself giving out my admiration.

Now when are the first International Alphabots going to arrive ;)

We all know that this is mainly down to the complete dedication and skill of the robot master John Rigg,,,I know I'm allways 'gusshing' praise out to John but when you see what he mainly has achieved on his own here how can I contain myself giving out my admiration.

Now when are the first International Alphabots going to arrive

I completely agree with Sparkrobot, John is an example to all of us of how to get down to the job in hand and see it through to the end. If only I could have just a fraction of that kind of positive mental attitude. :D Steve, great looking robot, nice in silver.

Thanks guys for the kind words. Yes I never say I will do something with out actually doing it. Never! I am so freeking anal. So what makes me great at some things makes me a SOB to live with I am sure. Any way I can't wait to see how long it takes for Brain H. AlphaBot to reach him in the UK "shipped out on July 30th" and the Yellow RIVETOR prototype whent to 9tobor9 in Belgium (left here Aug 6th) so lets hope for a fast safe trip for them both. Brians does not have the new foam board packing as I had not thought of that yet. Go AlphaBots Go!

Man that is one cool robot! I am seriously jealous Steve. :)

I don't think we can praise John enough for this project.

I can't wait until the kits are ready to be bought and paid for - or have I missed the announcement?

I haven't had the time to stay caught up around here lately and I am looking forward to the fall when I'll have the time to dive back into Alphadrome and the hobby.

The Alphabot kit will be the perfect way to do that.

Congrats on a beautiful robot, Steve!

Hey, we went from concept to design to production to delivery on this thing in just a couple of months.

Anybody wanna take a crack at national healthcare? :lol:

— Nikola Tesla

• 2 weeks later...

Not to steel Steve's thread, but the title of this post was

on topic and I didn't want to start another one. Alphabot

#5 in BLUE has arrive. Actually is was here two weeks ago,

but I was not. John's packaging was excellent and the robot

arrived in perfect condition. The proof of a good pack job, is

that the packing materials are inexpensive, protective and

that the smallest possible volume is obtained...

The first thing that surprised me was the size of Alphabot.

From the pictures, I estimated that it was approximately 16" tall.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that it is only 9 or 10 inches.

I thought that it was bigger because, of the size of the bike

horn remote. I had one of these on my bike as a kid and it

was HUGE and held 2 D-cells. The horn that John used is

about half the size of mine.

Because of its size you would first think that the bot would

be delicate. In reality, it's built like a tank and has a very

powerful action. I'll take some pics tomorrow, so for now

here's the robot prior to shipping...

post-6-1250910610.jpg

Feel free to take over this thread - its not about me but about these really awesome bots. So far they look great in every color I have seen. The idea of a lithoed version that Pat alluded to really intrigues me. To top it off this fella is also a lot of fun to play with.

Here's Alphabot #5 in all its glory. I placed it next to a beer

can so you can get a good idea of its actual size. The powder

coat finish is really nice and the cast parts look great. The

robot pin walks forward and backwards with flashing lights

and "real space sound"... :P

P.S. While in the U.S. we drink Busch Natural Ice. It's a STRONG

U.S. beer, that tastes like a lite Canadian brew... B)

post-6-1250988937.jpg

post-6-1250988944.jpg

post-6-1250988950.jpg

...for Steve, this one was a fave of mine many years ago, think it's still around.

Darryl, that's a beautiful shade of blue, and Steve that's a wonderful chromed version, all different and all by the master himself. We've got a few of John's pieces here and his work is...well...perfect. He's just like that!

post-298-1250993829.jpg

Archived