Silver Alphabot

dratomic

My silver Alphabot arrived today, and all I can say is, "Wow!" Thanks John -- you did an outstanding job! I also want to thank Nikola Tesla for coming up with such a great design in the first place!

The first thing I noticed when taking the toy out of the box is how hefty it is -- there's nothing rickety or "homemade" about it. It really feels like a production piece. The actions worked perfectly from the moment I popped in the batteries: Alphabot walks forward and back smoothly on his pin mechanism, and the pivoting feet add a neat twist to the original design. The arms swing in time with the walking, without any of the sticking or lag we sometimes find on even the new tin robots. The spinning antenna, light-up eyes and grill, and vintage buzzer are great, and give the Alphabot a suitably old-school vibe.

All in all, the Alphabot perfectly captures the spirit of the original robots that we all love so much. It really is a great toy, and I appreciate all the work that went into making it happen.

post-124-1249136759.jpg

post-124-1249136769.jpg

post-124-1249136783.jpg

Doc,,, ''WOW'' is the word!!!!................I actually think the plain siver is one of my favourite colour schemes of this robot.

I can't wait to get my hands on one of my own,made up or in kit form........We've all said it before,John Rigg is a genius! ,and as you said lets not forget Nikola Tesla for coming up with the original design..

That's a great looking specimen you got there Doc.

I'm going to order a kit and finish him in Burgundy/ Silver I thing or I may even go really crazy and go for something outrageous .

Time for a trip down the automotive paint shop I'm thinking .

DK, there's a link to an inside view on John's last post.

Congratulations! I do not get jealous easily. However, if I did live closer....I would break in to your place tonight. What nicer compliment could I make....? ;)

Well, considering I haven't seen you in a while, if that's what it took to get you down to NYC... I'll leave my window unlocked! :)

WOW!! IT LOOKS AMAZING!!! THE 1ST METAL BOT MADE IN THE GREAT USA!!!! ENJOY THIS AMAZING HAND MADE RIGG ORIG.!!!! BOT JOHN IS THE MASTER!!

JIM :D

Doc, its fantastic! I'll bet it has that "new bot" smell...sniff** Fresh outta the box. I find it mind boggling that all this came about in roughly a few months, now THAT'S rapid prototyping. Mr. Rigg is a true genius!

Doc, its fantastic! I'll bet it has that "new bot" smell...sniff** Fresh outta the box. I find it mind boggling that all this came about in roughly a few months, now THAT'S rapid prototyping. Mr. Rigg is a true genius!

Hello Im new around these parts...just love your Alphabot! he looks menacing and has a very retro feel about him in the silver version.

Will have to get a price on one of these guys. :)

Archived