Solar Rocketbot....my Second Coffee Pot Robot

Electric Robot and Son

When I went to th Brimfield Flea market last summer I bought two very large stainless commercial coffee pots. I used the first one to build the Rex Raybot that I posted last year. I finished the second robot about a couple of months ago but it has taking me a while to get a video and some pics to post. I previewed this with Joe at the Robot Museum last month. So here is the Solar RocketBot:

post-224-1248310886.jpg

post-224-1248310897.jpg

post-224-1248310916.jpg

post-224-1248310959.jpg

post-224-1248310971.jpg

post-224-1248310992.jpg

post-224-1248311002.jpg

post-224-1248311016.jpg

You can see a video at my youtube site

http://www.youtube.com/user/electricrobot1

Solar RocketBot as well as view the Rex Raybot and Brian's Saucer video(now with appropriate music).

Hope you like it.

Most excellent, Joe! Great character robot. I can see him in a Gerry Andersen show. He would probably scare the bejesus out of me if he showed up in my house though. ;)

Mark,

Yes it was a ship in the bottle assembly, without the strings. I originally was going to use 2 bird feeder domes for the dome which would have made the assembly easy. But when I got the domes they were not very rigid and I gave up using them, however one of them worked out very well in the saucer I made. The dome is 14" in diameter, one piece with a 5 1/4" opening in the bottom. The place I bought it, advertised it for outdoor lamposts. I did have to change the head design some to allow me to assemble it inside the dome. My previous ship in the bottle building experience did help.

post-224-1248357929.jpg

Thanks for the comments. Anyone want to guess at the head components?

Phil,

I only debuted the video and the pictures I took during the head assembly. At 46 inches tall and 53 pounds it is not very portable.

Archived