Saucer Gun I. D.

Joe K.

Anyone recognize the saucer gun in the lower right hand corner of this 1951 MW catalog page?:

http://img5.rajce.idnes.cz/d0503/2/2282/22...es/DSC08190.JPG

The two-tone saucers might help distinguish it from the countless other variations made around that time. Perhaps the Park Plastics Company?

And, how about the colorful "long weapon" near the top of the same page? Some kind of space rifle, perhaps?

I've seen that saucer gun before, but I don't remember who made it. Park Plastics isn't a bad guess, though.

The "long gun" is either a G-Man Rifle, a Rex Mars Rifle, or a Tom Corbett rifle, all by Marx. Can't really tell from the blurry image.

The red cowboy looking gun underneath that Marx rifle is also a space gun, though the name escapes me at the moment. Usually found in silver.

Not super helpful, I'm afraid.

The red gun is the Atomic Ball although it doesn't have space graphics. Another exact gun has space graphics and I believe a different name and box. the cocking mechanism is the rod in the middle bottom of the gun. ;)

post-221-1248051241.jpg

Archived