Captain Cosmos Cosmic Cruiser

Goofateer

This week Winchester is hosting the "Tour of the Red River Gorge" biking event. It's not unlike the "Tour de France."

To promote the event, many of the downtown business' painted bikes and have them on display. Hope it's worth it. We were hoping for 2000 people. The event begins in like 2 hours, and so far . . . nothin'. Hardly a soul out on the streets.

Anyway, here's my bike. I put a full week into it. Probably 30 hours of work.

DSCN4780.jpg

The most impotant bit:

DSCN4790.jpg

And more in Photobucket:

http://s659.photobucket.com/albums/uu316/G...smic%20Cruiser/

See if you can spot any particular influances ;)

Roger

More pics of it:

The bike I started with:

DSCN4524.jpg

The left side:

DSCN4771.jpg

The left "Window":

DSCN4773.jpg

The right "Window":

DSCN4788.jpg

And the space ship:

DSCN4785.jpg

Roger

cool bike nice theme, ive been on the lookout for one of those old shwin cruiser style bikes for ages, they are quite rare here in the uk.

i made a ridiculous rat chopper last year with stupidly long forks , it was terrific fun but an absolute pig to ride any distance on .

post-699-1247612516.jpgpost-699-1247612487.jpg

Absolutely beautiful bike. The 4000 Street Rodders who came to York, Pa every year in June would be proud of your effort. :D

Love that bike mod! Great artwork! Are the panels you added metal?

Nope, no metal. Considered it, but decided it wouldn't do what I wanted in the time I had. The center panel is wood, press board specifically. The yellow part of the ship is plastic sheeting, and the wings are more press board.

Roger

Roger,

I am really digging the bike. Fantastic job. Old bicycles are another interest of mine as well. I am not very far from you (Nicholasville). I may have to take a run up to your shop and see it in person.

JimK

Roger,

I am really digging the bike. Fantastic job. Old bicycles are anothe interest of mine as well. I am not very far from you (Nicholasville). I may have to take a run up to your shop and see it in person.

JimK

Surprisingly close Jim ;) Fellow toy collectors are always welcome here at Captain Cosmos Collectibles.

I'm closed on Sunday's and Monday's but if can only make it on one of those days, just LMK, and I'll be there.

Roger

Cool stuff guys, great job Goofateer.

The choppers remind me of when I was a kid, we would get a junker bike and saw off the forks and then just force them over the forks on our own bikes, voila - instant chopper, double the lenght of forks. The downside was that occaisionally they would come loose, you hit a bump and those front forks (and wheel) would come off and you did a lip stand. Good thing kids were made of tougher stuff back then.

I love the pics of these cool bikes. Here's a shot of me two years ago after putting my old school style crusier together. I have to admit that sometimes I enjoy riding this bike even more than my v-twin. LOL! :lol:

post-36-1248051488.jpg

Hey All,

Since a few of the guys where putting up bike pictures I figured that a few more wouldn't hurt. Here is one that I did some years back. But like most projects this bike and the others that I have done have moved on to greener pastures. I thought that I had it out of my system until I saw Rogers work on his bike.

JimK

This is what I started with

post-769-1248220747.jpg

This is how it came out

post-769-1248220729.jpg

post-769-1248220761.jpg

Thanks Roger. I think that you made a wise choice. The custom features that you made work much better with the theme.

JimK

Archived