Model 1192 Ray Pistol Laze Beam- New Pics & Video Added.

SLK

Hello. I am new to the board. I made a raygun and thought I would share the pictures. I hope to produce it as a kit in a few months.

11.jpg

I designed it to have the '30's to '40's look with metallic colors, a bit of red, long needle dial setting, zeppelin/rocket body style and fin since zeppelins were an actual mode of transportation back then. Grip is colored for that bakelite look and the coppery color has a patina. About 12.5 inches in lenth.

1.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

The files for the laser engraving were done by the fellow who taught me, Fabien Badilla. Super crispy text came as a strip and then inset to be flush with the master pattern surface. A blackwash is added to make it stand out.

4-2.jpg

SLK, one word...wow! :o Incredible work, is there no end to the talent on this site?! Yes, you will be right at home here, the members are metalworkers, writers, sculptors, master model makers and jacks of all trades, with a love of collecting. This gun you have here is really amazing, you take the basic 50's gun concept and give it a realistic look. Dare I ask the price of one of these little beauties? I would love to have one, although I might choose a more 50's color scheme, possibly red and yellow, or metallic blue. Either way, this is fantastic work, let me know what the finished piece is going for, and again, welcome!

Dare I ask the price of one of these little beauties? I would love to have one, although I might choose a more 50's color scheme, possibly red and yellow, or metallic blue. Either way, this is fantastic work, let me know what the finished piece is going for, and again, welcome!

I don't have any finished casts for sale. Not sure if I will sell any finished ones yet. If I get this produced as a kit you can paint it any color you want.

19.jpg

12.jpg

Lit by laser.

RPLB4.jpg

Lit by LED cluster.

RPLB3.jpg

Closer pic of the laser engraved plaque and weld detail.

17.jpg

Very nice. I'd seen this before -- a friend forwarded me some pics from the RPF, and I know someone posted about it on a blog I've read. The work is very well-done.

Welcome aboard! That is one really great looking gun! Can't wait for the kit, Keep us posted.

Welcome! And what a fantastic retro looking old school ray gun! I love it! Like my fellow Alphadromers here, I would be interested in a kit like this if it were to ever be made available for sale! Looks like you already have a market for your product. Good Luck! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived