Decals

R35

Now I have made around 3 posts I feel like I can jump right in here with these...

Robot Decals!

I have just kicked up my interest in robots up a notch and I am on the verge of starting a collection/building my own. I am quite a fan of the "found item" recycled thing. I have thrown together one just for fun, out of things I found in my toolbox, but it was only a tester and not a serious attempt. After making it I decided it needed some dials. Not having any to hand I thought the next best thing was to design some decals.

So that's what I did. I have designed a few mouths, eyes, dials, switches, lights and pipes. All hopefully in an early Japanese tin plate robot style. I have them ready to download in a pdf if anyone wants to play with them. This is what they look like on my first found item robot.

post-965-1246297136.jpg

I have no intention of making money out of decals, but I would like to get better at designing them. So feel free to pitch in. This is the link to my blog post where you can download the pdf if you so wish.

http://paulharckham.blogspot.com/2009/06/robot-decals.html

Cheers.

Now I have made around 3 posts I feel like I can jump right in here with these...

Robot Decals!

I have just kicked up my interest in robots up a notch and I am on the verge of starting a collection/building my own. I am quite a fan of the "found item" recycled thing. I have thrown together one just for fun, out of things I found in my toolbox, but it was only a tester and not a serious attempt. After making it I decided it needed some dials. Not having any to hand I thought the next best thing was to design some decals.

So that's what I did. I have designed a few mouths, eyes, dials, switches, lights and pipes. All hopefully in an early Japanese tin plate robot style. I have them ready to download in a pdf if anyone wants to play with them. This is what they look like on my first found item robot.

post-965-1246297136.jpg

I have no intention of making money out of decals, but I would like to get better at designing them. So feel free to pitch in. This is the link to my blog post where you can download the pdf if you so wish.

http://paulharckham.blogspot.com/2009/06/robot-decals.html

A very nice beginning. :)

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Very nice! Are these sticky back paper decals or the old fashion decals you stick in water to separate from a paper backing? If the water release, what did you do to set the ink from the printer?

Archived