Atomic Pow'r Pop Gun

dratomic

This just arrived in the mail yesterday: A lovely, and rare, Atomic Pow'r Pop ray gun by an Australian company called Glenn. This is one I've been trying to get for a very long time -- it's definitely on my Top-10 List of most-wanted ray guns. I lost three previous auctions when the bidding flew into the stratosphere. This time I lucked out and got it at a reasonably affordable price. After working on a story for about 20 hours straight yesterday, it was a nice surprise to get home and find it waiting for me. 🙂

post-124-1245996225.jpg

Many, many thanks to Tinplate6, who let me know about the auction in the first place!

An excellent pick up Doc! This is one of my favorite guns as well.. superb design, and great colors... I also like the black with green trim and red barrel end, and the red with yellow and blue... all are terrific.

ROCKET -[O_O]-

Ahhh, that ain't true Doc, you did all the hard work...besides, I didn't want to be the only kid on the block with one. ;)

post-656-1246001153.jpg

Yeah, that's the cork that came with it.

Had we been lucky enough to get the box too, this is what it would look like...

post-656-1246001353.jpg

Courtesy of the Toy Raygun website.

I like the red one, T6. Very snazzy. And with the original cork, to boot! (Was this the one on eBay a year or so ago? I seem to remember it having a cork, too.)

Could you post a small photo of the cork next to a ruler or something? Both length and width, if you could. I'd like to find a cork for mine. I normally wouldn't care, but it seems like such an easy, inexpensive replacement, why not do it, right?

Anyway, thanks again for helping to hook me up with the gun! I can honestly say that I'm glad you already had one! :)

This just arrived in the mail yesterday: A lovely, and rare, Atomic Pow'r Pop ray gun by an Australian company called Glenn. This is one I've been trying to get for a very long time -- it's definitely on my Top-10 List of most-wanted ray guns. I lost three previous auctions when the bidding flew into the stratosphere. This time I lucked out and got it at a reasonably affordable price. After working on a story for about 20 hours straight yesterday, it was a nice surprise to get home and find it waiting for me. :)

post-124-1245996225.jpg

Many, many thanks to Tinplate6, who let me know about the auction in the first place!

Wow, that's beautiful, I love the detail on the grip, aussie eh, fair dinkum !

A beautiful ray gun, Doc. What's kinda odd is seeing a plastic gun with a cork. Isn't that a little old school for plastic?

Tinman93 -- Yep, that's a brass plunger. You pull it back to cock the gun. The whole internal mechanism is metal, and it makes the toy surprisingly heavy.

Andy -- Definitely old school. But who am I to fathom the inscrutable logic of our friends from Down Under?

Boy, that's one beautifully designed gun. It has a real fifties look. The grip addition really adds a nice touch. Congrats, Doc.

I like the red one, T6. Very snazzy. And with the original cork, to boot! (Was this the one on eBay a year or so ago? I seem to remember it having a cork, too.)

Could you post a small photo of the cork next to a ruler or something? Both length and width, if you could. I'd like to find a cork for mine. I normally wouldn't care, but it seems like such an easy, inexpensive replacement, why not do it, right?

Anyway, thanks again for helping to hook me up with the gun! I can honestly say that I'm glad you already had one! :)

Doc, take this with a grain of salt, although my gun came with a cork, that doesn't necessarily mean it is the cork that originally came with it. None the less, I'm always willing to oblige...your cork sir! Oh, and yes, this is the same gun you saw on Ebay a year ago. :)

post-656-1246035000.jpg post-656-1246035010.jpg

Thanks, T6. I guess I'm off to see a man about a cork!

Oh... And I bid on the gun you won. Got slapped around by about three other bidders -- I didn't even come close. It's good to know it went to a (now) fellow 'dromer. :)

Congrats Doc - she's a beauty!!

I know how long you've waited for a nice example of this gun and once again you've proved that patience pays off big time.

I agree that this is one of the great rayguns and highly desireable with a few design nods to the Rex Mars Planet Patrol gun.

Sadly for me, the (tiny) list of guns that I have and you do not, dwindles........ ;) *

*Not to be confused with the huge list of guns that you have and I do not.

Archived