Raygun Sculptures

Gibsart

Hi everyone, being new here I'm keen to share my creations with you all. I am posting some photos of rayguns I made from driftwood ,scrap timber and a few odds and ends I picked up.I also made the collage on a plywood board to display them. They're meant to look as if they are old and well played with, the title of this piece is "Relics of a childhood unlived".

post-958-1245873423.jpg

post-958-1245873463.jpg

post-958-1245873494.jpg

post-958-1245873564.jpg

post-958-1245873601.jpg

post-958-1245873624.jpg

OK! I love these pieces. I would be proud to own any of them. If it is not a trade secret how do you do the vintage graphics? Please post more of your work!

JimK

Just great. You really captured the spirit of the original toys. I love the background you made, too. Really well-done!

Gibsart, you're making quite a name for yourself here! You are very talented...let me guess, you use reprints of old space toy box art and decoupage it onto your wood forms, am I close? I detect at least one image as Dan Dare in his helmet. A very effective style, giving your pieces that aged litho look. Keep it coming, you have a captive audience...bravo!

Thanks again everyone for the great comments.The graphics are just print outs from the pictures I've collected on the computer, cut to fit, glued on then varnished.I love the way old toys look when they've been well played with and that's the effect i've tried to achieve here.

G, great job on the rayguns. You certainly captures the image of real litho on antique guns. By the way, the robots are fantastic. I especially like the red hands one. Very imaginative. :D

G, great job on the rayguns. You certainly captures the image of real litho on antique guns. By the way, the robots are fantastic. I especially like the red hands one. Very imaginative. :D

Thank you Phil,glad you like them, cheers,Gib.

• 4 weeks later...

Like the others here, I am really impressed with your work. I was considering trying to craft some rayguns that I have in my head, and wasn't sure how they would turn out if I tried making them from wood. You have definetly inspired me to use wood as my medium!

Archived