Robot Sculptures

Gibsart

I am so surprised to see you in the pictures and your hands there not all cut up! No bandaids any place! You still have all your fingers! Any time I try to cut up a tin can you better have the box of bandaids ready! Again very nice work!

I am so surprised to see you in the pictures and your hands there not all cut up! No bandaids any place! You still have all your fingers! Any time I try to cut up a tin can you better have the box of bandaids ready! Again very nice work!

Ha Ha, if I had a dollar for every cut and splinter I've had from these tin cans I'd be pretty well off by now ! Actually I do take breaks from the tin work and concentrate on my paintings while my hands recover. What really gets me now is the RSI from popping so many rivets !Thanks for the kind comments, cheers, Gib

Welcome aboard Gibsart,,,,,,,,,,This place is really turning out to be 'The place' for unique customised robots,,,,,,Try and check out our other talented robot sculptures work,,,,,Andyman,,,,Eagle,,,,Grandpa ,and John Rigg Robothut to name just a few.......BTW ,You are definitely talented enough to get involved with the Alphadrome,,Alphabot project,your 'tincan' art could add another dimension to it...

what great pieces of work!!! love your robots, thanks for showing the pictures, very unique and your own style, your a true robot artist!!!

I don't check this forum often enough, but this is very good for inspiration, thanks!

Amen to that Spark ! I would like to place an order for one free falling Astronaut [without a chute ] :blink: Sorry I'm trained to be analytical ! ;) Another Soviet mission scrubbed.... Vell comrades .. He re-entered Vitout a problem and bounced 14 times on de designated target area. Ve Tink He is Just fine . A little Vodka and He Vill be as good as new ! De base jumper is just soo cool. :rolleyes: Hey, are ya friends with any Ulster Scots ? I'm one that married a devout Catholic girl ! :wub: Go figure . If she can tolerate me for 28 yrs ,,,anything is possible in the world . Oh yeah, she has been submitted for canonization ! :D Welcome to the club Gib . You are a welcome addition ! Keep on building. You are a motivating factor for the rest of us . We kind of do that for one another. Usually one of the masters throws down the gauntlet and we amateur's try to pull the line. It isn't always pretty, but We always have a lot of fun and We all learn. Maybe We could swap creations for the price of shipping !

Amen to that Spark ! I would like to place an order for one free falling Astronaut [without a chute ] :blink: Sorry I'm trained to be analytical ! ;) Another Soviet mission scrubbed.... Vell comrades .. He re-entered Vitout a problem and bounced 14 times on de designated target area. Ve Tink He is Just fine . A little Vodka and He Vill be as good as new ! De base jumper is just soo cool. :rolleyes: Hey, are ya friends with any Ulster Scots ? I'm one that married a devout Catholic girl ! :wub: Go figure . If she can tolerate me for 28 yrs ,,,anything is possible in the world . Oh yeah, she has been submitted for canonization ! :D Welcome to the club Gib . You are a welcome addition ! Keep on building. You are a motivating factor for the rest of us . We kind of do that for one another. Usually one of the masters throws down the gauntlet and we amateur's try to pull the line. It isn't always pretty, but We always have a lot of fun and We all learn. Maybe We could swap creations for the price of shipping !

Thanks Eagle, the compliments are much appreciated. I ended up here by coming to meet a lovely Irish girl I met while living in Australia, that was about 8 years ago and I'm still here (with her) ! In fact I was born in England but that was a lifetime ago. The rocket and cosmonaut I've submitted for selection for the Royal Ulster Academy's annual exhibition so keeping my fingers crossed they'll be accepted.I've been exhibiting or (trying to) my tin work in art shows for the last few years and they have to be available for sale as part of the conditions of entry.I guess what I'm saying is they are for sale if anyone is interested. The photo of the two robots standing together shows the first two I made about 4 years ago. These sold for 500 euros each, that'll give you an idea of cost etc. I am thinking about making some more as soon as I've finished the last couple of paintings I'm doing for an exhibition next month. Cheers, Gib

Welcome aboard Gibsart,,,,,,,,,,This place is really turning out to be 'The place' for unique customised robots,,,,,,Try and check out our other talented robot sculptures work,,,,,Andyman,,,,Eagle,,,,Grandpa ,and John Rigg Robothut to name just a few.......BTW ,You are definitely talented enough to get involved with the Alphadrome,,Alphabot project,your 'tincan' art could add another dimension to it...

Thank you Spark , much appreciated. I still need to have a good look around Alphadrome,there's so much to see and so little time ! cheers Gib

If people only knew how much blood goes into my work (literally). ;)

I know exactly what you mean Andyman !

Hi Gib,

Excellent work! I'm amazed at how you can secure all those pieces of tin in just the right places and end up with a robot. I've started looking into my wife's kitchen cabinets more frequently for what I can use because of your posts here. She's not too happy about that.

Do you have and paintings with your robots in them?

Peace,

Chaz

I know exactly what you mean Andyman !

Hi Gib,

Excellent work! I'm amazed at how you can secure all those pieces of tin in just the right places and end up with a robot. I've started looking into my wife's kitchen cabinets more frequently for what I can use because of your posts here. She's not too happy about that.

Do you have and paintings with your robots in them?

Peace,

Chaz

Thanks Chaz, much appreciated. Once you start making robots you won't be able to look at anything without seeing it's potential for robot components ! I will post some photos of my paintings, hopefully soon. Cheers, Gib

I love your work. Very imaginative! I know what you mean about seeing everything as potential robot parts. My wife even asks me before she throws out stuff if I want it for robot parts. Welcome aboard!!!

Thank you For the positive comments, my partners family and friends have all been saving tin cans etc. for me, storage space is now becoming an issue ! Cheers, Gib

Archived