Robot Sculptures

Gibsart

Thought I'd share some photos of my robot sculptures. These were all made by me over the last 3 to 4 years, they vary in height from approx. 18 inches to 24 inches. Made mainly from recycled tin cans and various other bits and pieces I've found. I have others but need to work on the photos, I'll post them soon.

post-958-1245773173.jpg

post-958-1245773219.jpg

post-958-1245773248.jpg

post-958-1245773361.jpg

post-958-1245773444.jpg

Gibsart...Wow, really nice work, the first two in particular are exceptional. Are these just for your personal enjoyment, or do you sell them? Welcome to the club, you'll fit right in. There are so many talented people on this site, it's amazing, good work there!

WOW!!! What beautiful and inspired art! Just fantastic. Welcome to out board and I am blown away by your sculptures. They are just amazing! But as Tinplate6 has already mentioned, this hobby tends to draw in a great many truly talented people. I think you will feel right at home! ;)

What a refreshing, unique style you have there, Gibsart. Not like anybody else's work I've seen. Nice retro feel to them.

Just beautiful! Nothing I can add that hasn't already been said. Thanks so much for sharing them -- I look forward to seeing more!

When I first laid eyes on these creations ,it was like a window flung open and a breath of fresh air. Very unique and eye catching . Welcome on board . You have just added a few gallons to the talent pool. The Chrome abdominal area's ?????? Christmas tree bulb ??

Wow, thanks everybody for all the positive feedback,it's truly appreciated. I have sold some of these sculptures but most of them live at home with me. I'm always on the look out for suitable parts ,like many of you I guess, but it's usually one particular piece that'll get the ball rolling for a new robot.The chrome abdomens are the shells of concealed ceiling lamps that I found dumped in a skip, one of my best finds for sure ! I'll upload a few more pictures here of some more recent creations,enjoy ! I've also included a couple of photos of the tin sharks I've made , not really robots I suppose although I did call them robosharks while working on them.

post-958-1245844275.jpg

post-958-1245844372.jpg

post-958-1245844622.jpg

post-958-1245844770.jpg

post-958-1245845047.jpg

Hi Gibs, wow :blink: :blink: :blink: what an amazing work, big talent and great artist, i love all your robots sculpture, i want to see all your creations ;)

Alain

ah ha ! welcome.

nice to see you on here old chap i knew your work would go down well on here.

Thanks amoebaboy, yeah I've been trying to join since you tipped me off but was only able to a couple of days ago, cheers ! , Gib

Hi Gibs, wow :blink: :blink: :blink: what an amazing work, big talent and great artist, i love all your robots sculpture, i want to see all your creations ;)

Alain

Merci Alain, I have a few more things to post and hope to ASAP. cheers, Gib

I just found a few more photos to add to this thread, the rocket and cosmonaut I finished a few weeks ago, the bug eyed robot is from a few years back, cheers Gib.

post-958-1245935597.jpg

post-958-1245935632.jpg

post-958-1245935944.jpg

post-958-1245935967.jpg

Archived