Too Many Razers Can Be Dangerous.

Tinplate6

Their cheap, plentiful and plastic...but, I've never seen a boxed set of Razer guns before. I just got this set in the mail today.This set marked NK is what I refer to as the "duck-tail" Razer. The box and guns are in either old stock or hardly used condition. The lid box art is stylized but colorful, but its the guns themselves that is interesting. These come with genuine brass emitter rings, a style I've never seen in this line.

post-656-1245565945.jpg

post-656-1245565958.jpg

post-656-1245565968.jpg

At first, I thought they had been modified, after all they are only brass collets, any one could stick those on. Another reason I was a bit wary, is that the gun pictured on the lid had the typical chrome rocket on the tip of the barrel. However, these had to have been attached at the factory, because, if the original tip had been removed, there would be glue residue on the barrel, and it's clean as a whistle! So, this is a true design variation, pretty cool. Additionally, I like the liner paper with the 50's style rockets and spacemen, a nice touch.

post-656-1245565979.jpg

Hi Tinplate6.

This is only the second set of this Razor variation that I have seen. The first set I bought a few years ago. I had the same concerns about the possibility of a custom job - the box label could have been pasted on a home made box and the tip could have been customized. But I eventually came to the same conclusion as you that the tip would have shown signs of it's former self if it had been altered. Seeing this second set pop up on ebay was a relief because I feel that it is an indication of legitimacy. Actually it's may favorite Razor variation, those graduated rings are classic! Nice snag!!

Thanks FJW! It looks like a mutual admiration, I too am glad you have a similar set, for the same reason. :) I suppose they probably had lots of labels with the previous design, and didn't want to waste them, or perhaps just a lot of ready made boxes. My guess is they are late 70's? :unsure:

Early eighties wouldn't surprise me going by the artwork. Even so, a great looking and rare variation.

The photograph of the gun on the label is of the standard tip version, but I think the illustration represents the three ringed version.

I came close to bidding on this but decided I'd already spent too much money this month. I'm glad it went to a fellow alphadromer! Congrats on picking up a rare variation, T6.

I came close to bidding on this but decided I'd already spent too much money this month. I'm glad it went to a fellow alphadromer! Congrats on picking up a rare variation, T6.

Thanks Doc...regarding the money issue, hey, after paying for food, clothing, rent, taxes, utilities, transportation, entertainment, medical, insurance, repairs and maintenance, the rest is yours! ;)

Archived