Horikawa Space Scout Non-functioning

Tinman

I picked up this clean example of the Horikawa Space Scout tonight although the auction described it as non-functioning because it doesn't walk. The screen does light up when the switch it thrown. I've been wanting one of this style and couldn't pass it up! Does anyone have experience with this type robot? I'm hoping I can get it working with a sharp tap or a manual spin of the gears like I did with my rotate-o-matic.

post-329-1245286501.jpg

post-329-1245286519.jpg

Yes you have a very good chance of getting it going if you can reach up in the slot where the leg moves back and forth on the body and push a gear with the switch turned ON. But all so keep in mind that is a realy easy robot too open up as its not glued but screwed and snap action.

Might try the 9-Volt Jolt... Run a couple of jumper wires to a 9-volt battery and give it a couple of bumps with the switch On, should unfreeze the motor if that's the problem. Be careful, though, it can burn out light bulbs sometimes... Not good if it's an obsolete bulb type.

— Nikola Tesla

Best is open the robot like Robothut says. Put batteries inside and then try to move the gears. I bet this will help. If not try it with one 4,5Volt batterie.

Bwaaaah NO FUN !!! Here's what you have to do first !!!

Call Dr Beat, & shake this guy to the rythm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzPzoVIg5iM

If it still doesn't work , you can listen to the ole master of shakin' action, & shake it all over

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xraIf_cYRQE&feature=fvst

if it still doesn't work, be very cautious when you open it, after all that action, it could be a mess in there !!!

It only took two LIGHT taps on the shoulder and the robot came to life. It was kind of neat, the motor started and slowly came up to speed. This is my first robot addition in a while after being stuck on plastic space toys.

• Brian.. changed the title to Horikawa Space Scout Non-functioning

Archived