The Alphadrome Robot Project. Alpha-bot

robothut

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope some one does do that paint job to one of the alphabots it is so cool! might have to be a airbrush job to get the soft edges.

All...a job well done! Kudos to Tesla and of course, Mr. Rigg. This whole escapade was a whirlwind of effort and creativity. Now, I realize this comes a bit late in the game, but I have a design request for Mr. Rigg. I am not a robot artist, and my mechanical skills are very limited, besides I have no shop or tools. I would like to ask you if you would not mind constructing an Alphabot based on my design.

post-656-1249778429.jpg

He is deep a blue metalflake color. The lighted grid has been replaced with a meter, not unlike the Winky Robot. The ear antenna now have small metal cups near the body, and the eyes have metal rings around them, not just holes. Finally, there are two cylinders on the back that make up a rocket pack. The meter does not have to actually work, but I do want it 3D, not just a painted detail. Ok, that's it, all the main colors are silver/chrome, black and MF blue. Please let me know if this is not too much of an imposition, I don't think I could accomplish this without your talents. And, yes, please send me your estimate, I know you had quoted $150 for an assembled bot, but the modifications will cost more, understood. I hope you won't mind doing this. Thanks for all your hard work!

The custom AlphaBot you ask about can be done, but right now there are no more parts. After the two test builders build there Alphabots and instructions are made for the kit builders out there , then we will ask for everyone that wants to build or have built a AlphaBot to put up the money so that parts can be ordered. So right now I can do nothing but dream of so many other variations of AlphaBot just as you dream of your version. It should be soon , maybe 2 weeks, then we will be ready to place the laser cut metal order and other parts.

John, You have gone above and beyond for this project. The only mass produced real robot in 30 yrs. In this country. This is not the conclusion of of this creation. It is going to morph for a long time. Another thing. Since yo have found an affordable CNC shop......all types of robot designs are possible. Great work John !

I am not a robot artist, and my mechanical skills are very limited...

Tin, you're a brilliant artist, and your artwork is perfect even for commercial applications. Looks fantastic as it is!

— Nikola Tesla

I am mesmerized by the meaningless mechanical machinations of tin litho. Then and now.

post-5-1249801019.jpg

For example, this backplate of a Horikawa Super Giant Robot (please correct me, I pulled this jpg out of my files from 10 years ago, and it may not be properly named) is like a mandala, it's so entrancing. It achieves every Marketing Director's dream, it rivets the eye .

This is the sort of detail that I would put on robots in the future. Seriously.

About 30 or 40 years from now (yes, I'll still be here) we are going to be inundated with humanoid robots. I think it's gonna happen. Security androids, both in the military and private sector, bots that walk and shake hands and transport goods and so on and so forth. Police robots, garbage robots, they're going to be all over the place. Because we can...

Wouldn't it be just too, too perfect? These sleek, Faraday-powered, satin-finish Public Robots, so articulated that it would make an engineer cry with joy, beautifully balanced, powerfully precise, little rainbow LED lights in their fingertips...

...and LITHOGRAPH DESIGNS ALL OVER THEM!

Wouldn't that be cool?? Hee Hee

— Nikola Tesla

Thanks Tesla, you hit the nail on the head. The more gauges, knobs, wires and hoses, the better...viva la litho!! :lol:

Yeah, except that robots aren't people and never will be, so it's not so much a tattoo as it is a paint job. I know, based on the news items I see regarding advances in robotics, the manufacturers are not headed for utilitarian robot designs so much as aesthetic designs.

They're going to make these things stylish as well as functional.

Hey, as long as they're going to have manufacturer logos impressed on their hides, they may as well have custom paint jobs, right? I'm gonna push for the Horikawa-style litho designs. This will be a whole new market: Custom Robot Paint Jobs.

Think about it, folks! Like something out of an Asimov novel, right. Hey, this is in our future, seriously, we should start laying a foundation for...uhh...mm

:D

— Nikola Tesla

Well the AlphaBot front and back being flat could be silk screened with artwork. I don't know the costs for silk screening but it can't be to much.

I think a few tastefull silkscreenings could be nice, but the plain Industrial look works too. I hope to be able to get one built by the master and also a kit that I could try my hand at. Hey John, Thanks for doing this, you're hugely inspirational. I bet you thought this was only gonna be a hobby for you, but true talent will always find an audience, even if it's not sought out. Like it or not, you are a true modern day Artist!

Bill

Archived