A New Acquisition..

Tinplate6

I have to admit, it's not the spacey-est ray gun I have, but it's still pretty keen. The Jet Ace Gun by Palmer plastics, is a cap gun made in the 50's. It has a plastic body with a metal trigger and cap feeder. The great thing is that it seems to be absolutely mint, it even still has the grease around the trigger mechanism. I only wish it had it's original box...wait, did it even have a box? Well now, there's a good question...do any of you Alphadromers know if it had a box? Better yet, does anyone own one with a box? Take your time, I'll be in the area.

post-656-1244098997.jpg

post-656-1244099009.jpg

post-656-1244099022.jpg

I was watching one of these on EBAY last week. Is this that gun? It is different looking but I think it is pretty cool. Sorry no info on a box. I wouldn't mind having one of these.

Congrats on winning that interesting specimen there, TP!

Not sure about the ergonomics of the handle. It looks uncomfortable to hold.

Thanks guys. Electric...to answer your question, yes, it's the same gun you saw. Andyman, I thought the same about the angular grip, but it actually works well, it's comfortable to hold. I thought it was interesting that the seller listed it as a pop gun, I guess he never looked "under the hood".

Very nice pickup, T6!

That's actually one of the first vintage ray guns I ever bought. It's a weird, but striking design -- so different from everything else. I've always had a bit of a soft spot for it. It's nice to see it went to someone on the 'Drome. :)

They're not too common these days. I remember a few years ago, they'd pop up every couple months. Then, all of a sudden, they kind of disappeared. I've only see a few over the last couple years -- if that many. Strange how that happens sometimes.

Unfortunately, I can't remember ever seeing a box. Part of me *thinks* I've seen one, but honestly, that could be my memory playing tricks on me.

• 2 weeks later...

Neat gun. Congrats Tinplate6. I must have missed the ebay listing.

Definitely a raygun I'd like to pickup one of these days. It's without a doubt a unique design.

Archived