Buck Among The Alien Hordes!

Tinplate6

He's here, and ready for action! The new, much anticipated 13" Buck Rogers figure by Go Hero. The figure is heavy into details, like metal studs and eye shield, and a real glass bubble helmet, absolutely nothing was overlooked (he's even wearing socks!). The outfit is also well done and in-scale, nothing looks baggy or over-sized. The simulated leather gloves, boots, vest and headgear are really well done. The light up rocket pack is a nice touch as is the recordable voice feature, which allows you to program into Buck your favorite phrases or sound effects. It comes in a nice numbered presentation box with the original illustration laser etched into the wood. So take a look...

post-656-1243820277.jpg

post-656-1243821328.jpg buck.jpgIMG_0590.jpgIMG_0591.jpgpost-656-1243821336.jpg

Now that is very cool TP6! A great mix of leather and primitive technology. A real glass bubble is an awesome idea that'll to prevent yellowing over time, and it's proportioned just right . I just may have to get on of those...to go along with my spaceman theme. Do you have one on order Phil?

Guys, I've got to have the new figure. I've been delaying because of the production delays. I had preordered the gun. Guess I'll call one of the sites and get it soon. Some sites have it for about $140. I don't know about shipping. I guess I was hoping my local comic stores would get one so I could save shipping. Right now I'm working on an idea for a laser cannon to go with the figure. ;)

Since yesterday I've gone out and read some reviews about the figure. For the most part, everyone seemed pleased but at least one guy's had arrived with a broken glass bubble which caused paint loss and rubbing on the figure during transit and the visor hardware seemed in question. He hadn't resolved the issue with the company but thought they were going to make good. On one message board a lot of the members thought the price was a bit high, especially with $20 shipping.

I'd loved to have seen a open gloved left-hand (vice a clinched fist) so he could be posed in the likeness of the box art.

Since yesterday I've gone out and read some reviews about the figure. For the most part, everyone seemed pleased but at least one guy's had arrived with a broken glass bubble which caused paint loss and rubbing on the figure during transit and the visor hardware seemed in question. He hadn't resolved the issue with the company but thought they were going to make good. On one message board a lot of the members thought the price was a bit high, especially with $20 shipping.

I'd loved to have seen a open gloved left-hand (vice a clinched fist) so he could be posed in the likeness of the box art.

Tinman, yeah, I communicated my concerns to Steve Forde, the creator of Go Hero, he's a great guy. He did mention the broken bubble. He is going to set up a post of information on tips and suggestions on the care of these figures. He said this...

"Thanks for all the feedback. I appreciate it! I am in the process of getting together a full section on my site on the care of these figures. Tips on how to dress, clean, operate, etc. So all of this helps. Maybe a thread can be started, because frankly there are collectors who may have more expertise in some areas than I do when it comes to figures in general. Then once we get a lot of great tips, I can make an official living document."

Although the price of the figure is high, I don't think it's unreasonable, considering the quality of the piece, and the wood box is a bit weighty, hence the shipping tag. All in all, I don't regret the purchase, I've always wanted a quality figure of old Buck. Oh, and regarding the hands, there are two un-gloved hands included, in the pose you described.

Archived