Pho-tron He Is Here To Help You!

robothut

Again I was given a junker Blink - O Gear / wheel O gear type robot. So again I started with the feet again as they just do not look like robot feet on the origional toy. I decided to base the new feet look on the GOG movie robot body look, add a fake tred section to the front and a Photon blaster turret to the front as well. Each Turret has 2 flashing Blue photon blasters. Next came the chest area. I took some old parts from a Super gial robot chest and cut them up so as to make a amber see threw lower part and a chrome upper part. The ear from a R-1 robot added flashing light to the chest. Just below this flashing light are 2 flashing red LEDs in the amber area. The arms I repared and left stock other than doing a detail paint job to them. The head is all new, based on the clear dome in a dome type look. The innear dome is a vacume tube type set up that glows yellow, the eyes glow and the mouth flashes bright green in time with a mechanical clicking sound. There is a flashing blue light in the back of the head assembly as well. I based the paint job on Mr. Mercury more of less.

http://www.robothut.robotnut.com/PhotronPage.html

post-7-1243607695.jpg

post-7-1243607727.jpg

Robot still operates on 2 D cells. I relocated the ON / Off switch to below the battery box as it used to be on the back of the head.

post-7-1243608389.jpg

Great job John! Another imaginative conversion. You can't beat a domed robot with Photon blaster feet.

Robo...more domes, more domes! I love domed robots. These re-imagined toys of yours are great! I've often toyed with the idea myself (Hey, I said "toyed", that's cool) However, I don't have anyplace to deconstruct them, nor the proper tools to rebuild them. I have repaired many robots in the past by taking parts from 2 junkers to assemble one good toy, but they are fairly simple in construction, nothing on the scale of your stuff...keen!

Do any of you recognize what the foot turrets are made / taken from?

If I answer correctly do I get to keep him? Ummm, let's see, they're...ummm...uh...robot ears?

Archived