From The Heart Of Darkness...

Tinplate6

How can you have a full course of Ray Guns and Space Toys without a side order of Monsters? Besides...space creatures, aliens & monsters all seem to have no defined line where one category begins and the other ends (you like how I squeezed that topic in?). I am a firm believer that monsters are so much a part of our culture, and science fiction that it only seemed natural (or unnatural) to collect them. So, bar the doors and hide yer women folk, here they come...

post-656-1243206829.jpg post-656-1243206840.jpg

post-656-1243206851.jpg post-656-1243206864.jpg

post-656-1243206879.jpg post-656-1243206894.jpgm4.jpgm1.jpgm2.jpgm3.jpgm5.jpgm6.jpgm7.jpgm8.jpg

post-656-1243206905.jpg post-656-1243206917.jpg

Very nice! A lot of uncommon pieces... Nagata's pieces look great. Also a big fan of the Kozik Ika and the Rangeas. Oh, and those Plaseebo pieces are great -- love the guy on the right (can't remember what it's called... )

If I can ever dig up my vinyl kaiju pics, I'll throw 'em out there. I can't remember what I photographed before liquidating the collection. (D'oh!)

Tinplate,,,,,,,Fantastic collection!!!.......I love the way you use a big stand out piece in each display and it's usualy a piece that you would not automaticaly think would look right...for instance the big Gremlin,,,,Beetlejuice,,,Ratfink,,,,and that great Cloverfield monster.I would have given the big piece in the last pic a special mention but I'm not sure who it is?..Is it something from Futurama? :unsure:

Tinplate,,,,,,,Fantastic collection!!!.......I love the way you use a big stand out piece in each display and it's usualy a piece that you would not automaticaly think would look right...for instance the big Gremlin,,,,Beetlejuice,,,Ratfink,,,,and that great Cloverfield monster.I would have given the big piece in the last pic a special mention but I'm not sure who it is?..Is it something from Futurama? :unsure:

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like 'em. Spark, the big toy you're asking about is actually an old game called "Monster Lab", it's definitely one of my favorites! At 27 inches long it's a huge toy. It was made by Ideal Toys in 1964, and I got it with the original box about 10 years ago. The players sat at each end of the set, while the monster walked back and forth in a random manner, the object of the game was to keep the monster from getting all the way to your side by manipulating a dial on your control panel. If he got to you, he raised his arms, the mask popped off his green skull-like face and he screamed! Pretty scary for a kid in 1964. I chased this one down for years, it was a toy I wanted as a kid, but it was too expensive, so my Mom wouldn't buy it...so I just waited 30 years later and bought it myself!

post-656-1243530941.jpg

Archived