Probeatron

roboz

I came across an LED light @ the Depot that I thought would be perfect for

a Robot head & then stumbled across an LED flashlight Laser combo for the Chest

The rest John would have to explain . :huh:

post-18-1243116893.jpg

Ozz sent me a box with the chief robot man and the 2 LED flash lights and two drawings. The first drawing said make 3 finger claws and the chest area should be red. The round LED flash light that has the laser pointer built in the center (8 white leds around that) has to rotate. Oh and to tint every other LED red. So I chucked the aluminum flash light in the Lath and turned it down to just the LED end, then turned a slug to fit inside the aluminum tube. Then I modified a motor from a robo sapien to have a long metal shaft that I could fit in to a hole I drilled in the center of the slug. Now that had the LED unit turning around just like a photon cannon but I still needed to get power to it, so I took some spring loaded carbon brushes that are used in LGB trains and made contact with the aluminum barrel and contact with a brass sleeve that I put in the motor shaft as well. Now it has power. There is no way to take pictures of the robot running as digital cammeras do not realy like being aimed at supper bright LED flash lights and lasor pointers, spinning or not. the LED head flash light has 6 LEDs in it, two for the eyes, two above that and two red LEDs. There is a circuit built in that cycles threw what LEDs are on when you push a button on the flash light so I wired that to the wiper switch in the chief robot that normaly would control the top dome light, now when the head turns the LEDs in the head go threw there different cycles like the robot is thinking. loos very cool. The 3 finger claws are made of PVC and epoxie, the chest plate is styreen plastic and PVC. Now the second drawing that Ozzy sent said that the robot had to have a Cape and a Hood. What the F *** I thought who uses a cape these days other than the Pope or Satin in the movies? OK Batman and Supper Man, maybe a old Magician or a guy going to the opera 100 years ago. So I had to dress up another robot dolly. The cape is held on with magnets and the hood is held on by wire hoops that fit into slots in the sides of the head that used to be for the flash light strap. The robot now runs on 3 AA batterys and still has the standard Bump & Go / Stop & Go action.

post-7-1243117975.jpg

post-7-1243118013.jpg

Oz ,, great concept ! John, great compilation ! This robot is just tops. Good job , both of you. Of course John,,, your finished project is right on. Thank You !! I love this bot ! It is top notch.

Proberman Pinscher.....??

Beautiful job, especially the eye effect. Sort of like War of the Worlds 'eye' stuff. B)

Niice! It looks so...so, evil...in a cool kinda way. Red and black are an eye-popping combination. The hood? Well, I dunno, I think it's neater without it, but then again, it'll keep him drier on rainy days.

The chest & face are outstanding , the camera can't really capture the flanking LED's

on top of the eyes properly but added a few pics anyway

Also the head was a bit too small scale so wanted a shroud behind it for more depth

post-18-1243982600.jpg

post-18-1243982614.jpg

Archived