Tiny Aliens Have Landed!

Tinplate6

When I started collecting toys, I swore that I would never buy any toy smaller than 6 inches tall. However, when I got to Japan...well, they just do such a good job on these tiny figures, I couldn't resist. The following photos are some of these tiny aliens. Three sets in particular:

The first is the Chocovaders - Battle in Space, series 1-4. Produced in 2001, a total of 42 figures; 21 aliens and their spaceships. These are actually based on "reported" sightings of extraterrestrials from around the world. The sculpts and paint work on these are incredible. You'll see most of them are in a plastic cube display on my wall, but some are on a shelf around the Lost In Space Jupiter2.

post-656-1242889544.jpg

post-656-1242889581.jpg

The next set is the Cup Noodle Soup Caddy Aliens. Soup aliens? Yes, they come from another planet to find the great taste of Cup Noodle Ramen. When the commercial aired on Japanese TV in 2003, it was a big hit. These were given away free with specially marked packages of the soup. Each yellow alien (called UT, for Ultimate Taster) has a small black base with two pins, that clips the top of the soup cup closed keeping the steam in until you are ready to eat it. There are 5 different figures. Three of these can be seen in front of the Jupiter2.

post-656-1242889593.jpg

Finally the Parmalat Aliens, produced in 1997, these also were promo items, given away at hockey games in Canada from the Parmalat Dairy and Food Corporation. There are 20 pieces to the set and each one comes in it's own little UFO, and unlike their Japanese cousins, they are more cartoonish.

post-656-1242889603.jpg post-656-1242889613.jpgparm5.jpgparm4.jpgparm3.jpgparm2.jpgparm1.jpgspace2.jpgspace.jpgchocovaders.jpg

post-656-1242889622.jpg post-656-1242889633.jpg post-656-1242889642.jpg

I like those chocovaders! You know that famous saying.....Life is like a box of chocovaders you never know what you'll get.

I like those chocovaders! You know that famous saying.....Life is like a box of chocovaders you never know what you'll get.

Good point, that's closer to the truth than you know. What I neglected to mention, and you probably figured out, was that these were actually marketed inside balls of chocolate! You had to buy the box of candy (of course it was a blind box assortment, so "you never know what you'll get") and you broke open the ball, and inside the chocolate was a plastic capsule with the toy. Sort of like Kinder Eggs.

Cool figures. But if they're based on alien sightings then it's time to get off drugs or change the meds! :lol:

Archived