Throw Another Rifle On The Pile!

Tinplate6

Nothing brightens my day quite like a new toy. I recently won this on our favorite auction site...it's one in a long line of Razer Ray Gun incarnations. Made in Hong Kong in the 70's, its 13.5 inches long and has a nice spacey look to it, with just a touch of the old 50's rocket styling. It comes mint in the original box, has an "HY" trademark and the No. 522 on it. It also has an unusual 7 inch retractable butt stock, the only part I'm not crazy about, but it's still cool.

post-656-1242886879.jpg

post-656-1242886888.jpg

Nice ray gun. I've never seen that one before. Looks different from most of the razer variations. Is the butt stock removeable?

Nice ray gun. I've never seen that one before. Looks different from most of the razer variations. Is the butt stock removeable?

To be honest, I don't know, I just bought it, so it hasn't even arrived in the mail yet. When it gets here, I'll let you know.

TP, first let me congratulate you. I liked the gun and saw it on Ebay and considered bidding on it. The freaky thing is that when I saw your post I somehow expected this gun without looking to see the photo. I stopped bidding on Ebay because of their new policies. It's a shame they don't have a clue except trying to make money every way they can while thumbing their noses at the sellers. <_<

TP, first let me congratulate you. I liked the gun and saw it on Ebay and considered bidding on it. The freaky thing is that when I saw your post I somehow expected this gun without looking to see the photo. I stopped bidding on Ebay because of their new policies. It's a shame they don't have a clue except trying to make money every way they can while thumbing their noses at the sellers. <_<

Phil, you are right on the money there about Ebay, unfortunately, they are my only source of new...I mean, old, guns. So I put up with the power hungry site in a relationship of convenience, I get the toys, they get my money, pretty simple really. In fact, I just won two more guns, tinplates, really nice from an Italian gentleman. The Space Colt made by Dayia and an unnamed rifle by S.H. Horikawa ...here are the one-shots.

post-656-1242966665.jpg

post-656-1242966656.jpg

Interesting rifle. As has been said, it doesn't look at all like the other Razer guns. Very different, nicely sculpted. Should be an excellent addition to your collection!

Archived