Non Contact "bump-n-go"

Grandpa

I wanted to add a Bump-N-Go action to a couple of robots I'm working on but didn't like the idea of having to hit an object for it to work. So I designed an infrared sensor microprocessor board to make it Non Contact Bump-N-Go. I built a test bed for the testing of the electronics and software. Here is a link to a movie of it working Movie

I also added a picture of the test bed and electronic pc board. Since it is working, it will be a simple task to write the software to also have a "Mystery Movement" so it doesn't always just go straight.

post-242-1242865799.jpg

That is a really nice compact robot platform! Can't wait to see the robot bodies.

Grandpa, Your craftsmanship and design always look so precise that they'd be at home on the space shuttle. Did you ever work for NASA? Are you an engineer by trade, or just a really good hobbyist?

Grandpa, Your craftsmanship and design always look so precise that they'd be at home on the space shuttle. Did you ever work for NASA? Are you an engineer by trade, or just a really good hobbyist?

Guilty of all of the above :rolleyes:

Archived