Avenger, Robot With An Atitude

Grandpa

The Avenger has a little bit of everything. Two channel wireless remote control (forward, reverse, left, right), two independent geared drive motors. Microprocessor driving the LED’s, the eye LED’s are multi color and multi intensity. CNC machined metal parts, metal litho plates with raised rivets, etc.

The picture shows the Avenger on a short “Road Trip”. Here is a link to a movie: Movie

post-242-1242653345.jpg

cool robot, very nice indeed .

is the lighting controlled from a single chip ? thats some impressive sequencing.

cool robot, very nice indeed .

is the lighting controlled from a single chip ? thats some impressive sequencing.

The Avenger uses two 8 pin PIC microprocessors (12F683) that I programmed for the LED sequencing. The 12F683 is a great device for robot applications. The reason I used two microprocessors is that the chip is limited to 5 output pins per device.

Pretty nifty ! Those are some high output LED's . I'm glad someone is building. Keep it up Gramps.

Eagle, stay tuned. The shop is full of new robot designs and some neat equipment under construction <_<

He is awesome! How big is he? Do you do your own litho work? Excellent!!

He is awesome! How big is he? Do you do your own litho work? Excellent!!

He is 7 1/4" tall and 3 1/2" at the base. Everything is done in house. The artwork for the metal litho plates was designed in Corel Draw and Photoshop.

Archived