Spiffy Art Gun

Tinplate6

Occasionally, someone out there in the world of creative art get's inspired and furthers the cause of ray gun enthusiasts everywhere, Takeshi Sakaue aka. Mooooming, is just such an artist. His website http://raygun.jp/ has some amazing designs that seamlessly meld the old and new into one coherent sculpture.

One such piece is the Ray gun Collection series, type:001 (rather appropriate title for the first prototype). This gun is sleek, smooth and races across your eyes at 100 Mph. Even with the glassy, aerodynamic exterior, it still retains some of the classic styles, with suggestions of cooling vents off a 1950's hot rod. Best of all, it is being produced for sale in the not too distant future, however, the exact date is unknown. The site shows two color versions, emerald green and cherry red. This is going to be sweet!

post-656-1242097335.jpg

Great guns on the website. I like the gun in red. Unfortunately, they will probably be at least 50M-100M Yen. ;)

neat! I dig those curves...

Any idea what it's made out of? I'd guess resin -- but that's just a guess. If it were made out of styrene or metal... phew! I'd have a problem. Or, rather, my wallet would have a problem. :)

Archived