Mini Guns

Tinplate6

Although bigger is usually better, I found myself drawn to the little guns. Some of the coolest designs are in miniature. Aside from the small children's guns in the 2-4 inch range, I also have a display of the "action figure" weapons of choice. Now, only a few of the ones in this display are actually from the likes of Captain action and his poseable cohorts. The Buck Rogers disintegrator, was produced for Steve Ford, of Go Hero, for his soon to be shipped Buck figure (insanely beautiful if I may add!). The remainder of the guns are actually intentionally micro-scaled replicas of the classic space guns, produced by a company called iXTEE. Almost all of these measures about 1.5 inches. I placed them in a shadow box along with a suitably sinister android...enjoy!

dratomic said:
Photo didn't post for some reason...

Well Doc, if at first you don't succeed, beat on the computer!! Hmm, must be a problem with the server, I've made several tries. Well folks, we're having technical difficulties...stay tuned...

Eureka!! post-656-1242064261.jpg

mini.jpg

I saw those recently. I was especiallly interested in the Hubley disintegrator. The other small guns also look cool. Guess I'll have to order one. Got one of those tootsietoy Zoltan Androids last year, cool toy! here are my small rayguns including puzzle toys and gumball items. I have 8 color variations of the puzzle gun. The other style puzzle gun is elsewhere. Sorry about the disarray. :)

post-221-1242069505.jpg

post-221-1242069528.jpg

Hey, nice stuff Phil, I see you have a lot of the little guns too. I have one or two of the pencil sharpeners like yours. Oh, and thanks for posting a shot of the little box that the iXTEE guns come in, they're a nice touch and I forgot to mention them. Yes, the Zoltan is a cool figure...makes you wonder if Tootsietoy made any other space aliens. I know they were known more for small scale cars and trucks.

Really cool, and they don't take up much space. You never know when your going to come face to face with an angry micro alien. Don't leave home without one!

These are sweet. Love the intricate detail. I remember seeing them a few times online, but have never seen anyone with a complete (?) collection.

I like the tootsie toy alien, too. Can't say I remember seeing it anywhere. Can you tell me anything else about it? Is it hard to find? (He innocently asks...)

These are sweet. Love the intricate detail. I remember seeing them a few times online, but have never seen anyone with a complete (?) collection.

I like the tootsie toy alien, too. Can't say I remember seeing it anywhere. Can you tell me anything else about it? Is it hard to find? (He innocently asks...)

Another thing I neglected to mention are the features of some of these guns. The Atomic Disintegrator comes with a tiny dart inserted in the barrel (artistic license I guess). The long red gun in the bottom of the frame, actually has a light up barrel when a button on the back is pressed, pretty neat, and the detail work is even more impressive up close.

As for the Zoltan figure, I see them come up once in a while on Ebay. I passed up several because they are usually fairly well trounced. I'm very particular about chromed and clear plastic, both have to be in pretty good condition before I'll buy a toy like this. I'm a real sucker for any space figure; man, alien or robot with a clear dome (must be Robby's Syndrome). The funny thing was, I originally thought it was much bigger (those photos can be deceiving). However, I wouldn't call it rare, just scarce.

What do you think Phil? Did you have to search a long time for yours?

Yeah, I have one in my collection on the base it says Zoltan/Android. I had the set when I was a kid, it comes with an astronaut, some ships and I think a space vehicle. It was one of the first things I bought on ebay back in the day. You can see them both in the pic with my See-thru robots.

The brain under the dome is chrome on mine.

The one that sort of looks like the Dan Dare Cosmic gun LIGHTS UP? That's the coolest thing ever.

Does the Atomic Disintegrator's dart actually fire? Or is it just for show? Either way, it's pretty neat, too.

Actually, except for a small number on my want list, items I buy usually fall into my lap. That's the case with Zoltan. I ran across the figure and just thought it was cool. Should be able to buy it under $15. That's why my collecting is all over the place as my posts will indicate. I may run across anything from Aliens to Zeroids. Whatever pushes my buttons. A good example is this Pet Chopz robot I ran across while looking for a book at the Border's book chain last week. It's pull back for $5. and about 3-1/2". :D

post-221-1242237882.jpg

The one that sort of looks like the Dan Dare Cosmic gun LIGHTS UP? That's the coolest thing ever.

Does the Atomic Disintegrator's dart actually fire? Or is it just for show? Either way, it's pretty neat, too.

No, I thought the same thing when I took it out of the box, but it's just an accessory. The big red gun has a button cell in that round area above the grips. The small green jelly Flasheray gun in the center left has a moveable trigger, but unfortunately doesn't do anything.

Plasticaugie, do you have any photos of the rest of the Zoltan space set of yours?

No, I thought the same thing when I took it out of the box, but it's just an accessory. The big red gun has a button cell in that round area above the grips. The small green jelly Flasheray gun in the center left has a moveable trigger, but unfortunately doesn't do anything.

Plasticaugie, do you have any photos of the rest of the Zoltan space set of yours?

The ships are much more common, they are diecast on top and white plastic on the bottom. I can see a space 1999 influence. These two figures are the treasure from the set, so I don't have the ships to show here.

Archived