Rare And Unique Guns

Tinplate6

Ok, I might be a tad masochistic, but in addition to collecting ray guns, I also take (swipe or otherwise requisition) photos of the ones that got away. My eyes are just welling with tears at the thought...*sigh*. Anyway, here I offer up the rare and unique guns and rifles I have seen on Ebay over the last eight years. To my eyes, these are really grails, but some of you industrious elders may, in fact, already have some of these, locked away in some vault on the planet Mongo. To those of you out there lucky enough to fit this description...I hate you! So, please peruse the photos and enjoy!!

post-656-1241861424.jpg

post-656-1241861344.jpg

post-656-1241861353.jpg

post-656-1241861362.jpg

post-656-1241861370.jpeg

post-656-1241861381.jpg

post-656-1241861389.jpg

post-656-1241861397.jpg

post-656-1241861406.jpg

post-656-1241861415.jpg

That spaceman pistol at the top is one of my favorites -- I've tried numerous times to get one, failed each time... I suspect it's going to haunt me to my grave! By the way, have you seen the two-tone version? Same blue as the one you posted, but with grey accents. It's the first version of the gun I ever saw, and it's really stunning. Never saw another... Kicking myself for not bidding more!

What's the "Super Cooled Jet Air Rifle"? I've never even seen it before. It's fantastic looking! When was it made? I can't tell from the box -- do you know who made it? Any idea how many are floating around out there in collections? Man, that's one that'll be keeping me up at night...

I also love the Renwal rifle. I had a couple chances to snag it over the years, but of course something always got in the way (for instance, other bidders, ha ha). It's a beautiful gun, and photos never really do justice to the marbled plastic.

It's always a bummer when something gets away from me, but I like to remind myself that it's not a race, and (nearly) everything comes around a second time. Except when it doesn't, in which case it's okay for grown men to cry. :)

Always love the rifles. I agree with Doc, that Jet Rifle is super! Here's one I got for a steal at a local auction a few years ago. :D

post-221-1241883921.jpg

That spaceman pistol at the top is one of my favorites -- I've tried numerous times to get one, failed each time... I suspect it's going to haunt me to my grave! By the way, have you seen the two-tone version? Same blue as the one you posted, but with grey accents. It's the first version of the gun I ever saw, and it's really stunning. Never saw another... Kicking myself for not bidding more!

What's the "Super Cooled Jet Air Rifle"? I've never even seen it before. It's fantastic looking! When was it made? I can't tell from the box -- do you know who made it? Any idea how many are floating around out there in collections? Man, that's one that'll be keeping me up at night...

I also love the Renwal rifle. I had a couple chances to snag it over the years, but of course something always got in the way (for instance, other bidders, ha ha). It's a beautiful gun, and photos never really do justice to the marbled plastic.

It's always a bummer when something gets away from me, but I like to remind myself that it's not a race, and (nearly) everything comes around a second time. Except when it doesn't, in which case it's okay for grown men to cry. :)

Well Doc, unfortunately, all that I have on these gems are the photos. The auctions are long gone as are the specs on the toys. I wish I could be of more assistance, but my memory ain't what it used to be...well, actually, it never was very good to begin with.

I have the Renwal stratoblaster rifle. It is much better looking in person. It was the first space rifle I got and I haven't seen another one since. I have never seen the Jet Rifle either.

Yours was the first -- and only, actually -- one I've seen in person, Joe. I knew it was a nice gun, but I was floored when I had a chance to look closely at it. Definitely a beautiful piece!

Gentlemen, my mistake on posting a live auction, I will re post after the close. I'm still kind of new at this.

Thanks, Tinplate. And no worries -- we've all made the same mistake!

And it's definitely a toy I'd like to discuss once the auction ends...

:)

Archived