Cleaning: Anyone Tried This Tin Toy Cleaner?

Fineas J. Whoopie

LOL. Never noticed that first time round Blech.

Seriously though, that looks like good stuff Fin.

Let us know how it performs please.

Gentlemen, I have a paste cleaner that not only works well on metal, and tin, but it also cleans and shines plastic toys too! The stuff is called "MAAS polishing cream for all metals". But, that's not all, because it works like a fine polishing compound removing dents scratches and scuffs from plastic, yes, even scratched and yellowed clear plastic comes clean as a new window! This stuff is incredible and it can be found in the metal polish section of most stores. However, here is the company address just in case: MAAS international Inc., PO Box 128 La Grange, IL 60525. I have been using this stuff on my old toys for about seven years now, with incredible success. One caveat, use it sparingly, a dab will do it, and polish lightly, let the cream do the work. On plastic, you can be more aggressive, since you are tying to remove scuffs, several applications may be necessary, but be careful on litho, as litho is only microns thin and too much rubbing will begin to wear through the coating. But if you do it right, you can remove years of grime from tinplate and metal toys.

Thanks for the tip Tinplate6.

I'll definitely get back to you guys once I try out the glaze.

OK so I have tried the cleaner. I really don't have any really dirty toys to clean so I doubt any before and after pics would be that impressive but I do like the product.

It obviously doesn't take out scratches or surface rust etc, but it does remove any dirt on the toy (even from toys you think are clean) and leaves a very nice gloss. It reminds me of detailing a car with a clay bar and polish.

While not a miracle potion I do like it. It's a nice item to have in the tool box and I will buy more when I run out.

• Brian.. changed the title to Cleaning: Anyone Tried This Tin Toy Cleaner?

Archived