Ray Gun Help

Eagle

Last night I was googling Ray Guns. I came across one from 1938 I think. It was used in a comic book I think. I thought I saved the gun, but am having trouble finding it again. Here is a rough sketch of kind of what it was like. It might have been Buck Rogers or Flash. Looked like a cool gun to build. Yeah I know, I can't draw. Also, what's the story on this steam punk gun ? Is it real?

post-545-1241130429.jpg

post-545-1241130537.jpg

No idea what the first one might have been, but it does look cool.

The second doen't look old.. It seems to have elements of different toys, drawings, etc (for instance, that tube of fluid looks straight out of one of the WETA designs). Judging from how hard it's trying to look like it's from the Fifties, as well as the photoshopped background, etc., I'd say it's probably from within the last couple years. ;)

Interesting, though a little busy looking.

Looks like Buck Rogers. The art style, the dialogue balloon -- That's Dick Calkins' work, near as I can tell.

Never went into production as a toy. Just something from his weird imagination, I guess. :)

Sure looks like Wilma or Ardala from early b&w Calkins Buck Rogers. If it's Buck Rogers, make it Mark. :lol:

Ok, this art has been bugging me. The girl didn't look to me like Wilma or Ardala. One has to keep reviewing reference material to organize the evolution of a character. When I checked my collected works of Buck Rogers book I found that the girl Mark pictured was in fact another obscure character named Helen who was a guard when Wilma returned after finding Buck in the very first daily strip in 1929. :)

post-221-1241307737.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived