A Return To The Umagi Sands...

ToyMemories

Eagle the clues, man, the clues! :ph34r:

Hey, Allison! Welcome to my world... bwahhahahaha!!!

(sorry, can't help myself :wacko: )

Actually, it's not that strange (or maybe it is?) we did this once before (I think 2007?) when I found a really cool prototype (Tom Corbett Atomic Rifle, one of my favorite pieces!), and made it into a game to see who could figure out what it was. (check in the "private collections" section to see the the odd stuff I love)

Just gotta find the clues and piece it together! And, I made it easy this time! :blink:

Clues, eh?

Ah, dear friends Fineas, and Logan (you old wolverine), 'tis been many a cycle since last I have seen!

Now dear Fin on last outing, good fortune had shone; an unlucky number, unearthed on your own.

Yet now, on the next quest, luck no longer bad; for something you know, Fin, it may be its' Dad...

Extract the trip's dust now, and then I'll retire; as late the hour grows, with no sleep I'll expire...

(My good friend, Doc A please don't give it away; as you know a little, which may go a long way...)

I was tired, no let's say quite weary... too many fruitless, redundant missions to places no trooper in their right mind would ever think twice about (except to mutter curses and prayers they would not visit). Incomprehensibly absurd objectives with no reward, left me, well somewhat disgruntled...

It was later in the day that they dropped me off in the Martian Western Quadrant, full suit and rediculously weighty expeditionary pack (of course, containing such objects, tools and utensils that I really don't believe most troopers even know their purpose), and once again it was a solo mission... I've been zone dropped likely 100 times or more, yet still I always find myself staring at the ship as it departs, almost like a child, in awe of the wonder of it all; a magnificent cylinder soaring into the heavens, it's fins seemingly floating along beside it. Truly amazing.

I shook off the trance, and turned to face my past... the cold (well cold, in an emotionless sort of way) searing Umagi sands... My mission this trip? Ha! According to Patrol Command, it seems that the Klevage (yeah, I still snicker at the name those scaly-legged b@$t@rds adopted) had been up to their old piracy tricks, and had been raiding supply barges and making off with z-rations. Now, every trooper worth their creds would never go near z-rations (we'd rather eat curdle-turds if given the choice!), but the new guys needed this stuff for sustenance (hey, we all had to eat it when we were greeners). Now, it was my job... my punishment? To seek out, um... semi-fresh... how do I put this? Klevage drippings... Ugh. All necessary to test and confirm their theft (nothing, and I mean nothing is like z-rations). And their last reported planet-based camp was, you guessed it! The good ol' Umagi sands of Mars.

I shook my head (as the heat began baking my brain), and began walking those ancient dunes...

Well, apparently I'd forgotten the intensity of the Martian heat, and it's draining power magnified by the endless sands. I fell, face down; drool and sweat intermingling on my face, and faded into oblivion...

I don't know how long it was before I came out of my comatose state, but I remember being delusional; a bell chimed... then again... and again... sounded like a church bell. No, no, not a church, it was just my thermal indicator telling me the damned heat was too much for it! The ever present clicking of my nutrometer tapping away... I couldn't see straight, the sweat in my eyes compounding my blurred vision with pain. About then, I really thought I might have expired, and was in some strange hell. I tried to think positively of my faith, the cross (and what it stood for). That helped, and soon after I could see again- a full moon in the reddened sky... the horizen, straight and true... and the sands... the worthless sands...

Well, I was a soldier of sorts, and on a mission (albeit an absurd one), so I lifted my weary carcass and began my search. Now, I don't know exactly what was going on, but something sparkled in front of me. Lots of something. Was it real, or could it be remaining effects from my recent collapse? I trudged ahead and reached into those infernal sands; and in my hand appeared to be a thousand tiny diamonds! Hahahahaha... holy Claxus, I'd not go back empty handed this time! Or was my mind just playing tricks on me... I didn't care, I was going to bring my prize back, whether it be treasure, or trash... I inserted it into a collection cannister; wound the lock-timer (always necessary, as sometimes the vibrations from the ship's thrust can trigger the release mechanism), and with a permanent smile on my face went on to search for drippings... Ever present was the overpowering redness, like parched blood, of this miserable place...

How am I doing', Mike?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First for Robotz11 and all other "newbies". Here is the old topic:Lost Treasure found

Clues, eh?

How am I doing', Mike?

Ok, I´m not Mike but I would like to say you did it quiet well, Joe.

I had the idea too, but it is better to see it the way you did.

Some unusual words and short sentences. What is Klevage? Can´t translate it. Is there a meaning?

Is Mars = Marx? Unlucky number - is that thirteen?

TM wrote Patrol Command. One? Moon??

What about something like "Moon Patrol Command" by Marx? Or something like that?

At the moment this is all I can see:

post-544-1241115256.jpg

Joe! Man, you are Hot Fuzz, if there ever was one! Pret-ty snappy detective work there, my friend! ;)

Ok, here's where you are...

Allison response was not meant to include any clues (just to say they were in the story)

You found a bunch of clues, but some you only got part of (you also missed a few, and you're a little off track with a couple)

As for material of the item, I really prefer one type, and am not crazy about the other... it's made (for the most part) of the material I favor. It is NOT a drawing, blueprint etc., not paper; it's an identifiable three dimensional item. Of course, it's a toy-type item.

Overall, I think you've done quite good so far (pretty impressive)! ;)

Try to put some of it together and it may be apparent...

Blech, yes, Joe is a good detective. I'll give you one, "Klevage" (the name of the alien perpetrators) is just a silly name (pronounced "clee-vahsh", or if you prefer "cleavage" LOL) and not a clue. :P

Mars means Mars (we are talking about the Umagi sands, now!). The "unlucky number" refers back to our last trip to the Umagi sands, and was a clue then, and is part of a clue now in a way.

Use the work good ol' Joe has done, it should help... :)

Our last trip was hard, but Fin he broke through;

Now this time around will it be Fin or you?

Some pretty basic, and some are symbolic;

Connect the dots, that may do the trick...

If you can figure what some things may mean,

The picture will focus- the object be seen...

I'm so overwhelmed. You asked me not to reveal anything -- no worries there! I haven't a clue as to what you're talking about. I think I'm going to just wait until the final act -- and whatever photos come with it! ;)

Hey, Doc!

If you really don't remember, please do try and figure it out! I'd thought I told you enough to give you a good idea, but if not, like I say, join in and play! ;)

(I've had fun with it so far, and I hope the others have too)

Mike, I haven't a clue what your aiming at but I sure enjoy the stories! You are quite clever with the verse.

I also enjoy watching others figure it out.

I am certainly enjoying this thread although I won't have much time at all to actually sit down and work on this puzzle until tomorrow. How about a teaser pic by then?

Just thought I'd let you know I'm in the game......If the truth is known I dont think I've a chance in hell of cracking it :unsure: but TM you tell a great story and I'm intrigued,,and you never know something might 'Spark' me off and it will all 'Click' into place later ;) ..Now I'm getting cryptic :blink: it's catching.. :P

Andy, Fin and Spark... geez, guys, you're making my face redder than the Martian sands! :blush:

Thanks for the kind words... (I was worried I was either putting people to sleep, or they'd think I was a nut! Well, I'm actually kind of a nut :lol: )

I used to do some writing long ago, and everything is pretty much spontaneous. I pretty much make it up as I go along!

Andy you should give it a shot, if you piece some of it together it may make it obvious ;) (I also get a kick out of watching the deductions, and seeing if my clues are off the wall or actually do make sense!)

Fin I'm afraid if I do too much with teaser pics this time around it will make it too obvious. There's a tease in the above picture for a start. I'll see if I can't come up with another pic or two...

Electric Robot (gotta love a guy with a Marx avatar!) nope, it's pretty much a singular item (nothing as complex as a playset), though I'd love to have that one!

Spark give yourself some credit, man! You can do it! ;) Like I say, use some of good ol' Joe's hard work! (I think it will "click" into place) Isn't it fun doing the cryptic thing? Like a free license to be a bit crazy! :wacko:

The players assemble, their mission a story;

To decipher clues, and grab all the glory!

Now, have I supplied all the pieces you need?

Or just convolution, serving to impede...

I'll give it a little bit more for conclusions,

But if the responses lean more to delusions-

I'll then add a pic, to assist in solution;

And pray I don't add too much more to confusion...

Now the pain in my head, more compounded by rhyme,

Makes me think, for tonight, I've run out of time... :wacko:

From reading this, is pain your plight?

Well, think how it must feel to write! :blink:

The silhouette on the dune reminds me of a weapon that could have been built not too soon. It has the classic yet tilted outline of a pyrotomic rifle I assume. Maybe not, but that's how my warped simple mind sees it. I'm with Andy. I enjoy it but can't solve it. Yes I do. :P Because it makes me think !

What the heck is going on here! :blink: you guys are nuts :lol: :( :lol:

...but I'm trying to work out what this is about, toys I guess :blink:

" I know"!!...it's a 1950's/60's space toy, am I right :lol:

Noel

Hahaha... now we have a new player, welcome Toyman!

Ok, since everyone appears stalled...

It's 1950's.

It's plastic (primarily).

It's a toy-type item.

And here's another clue, which may be too obvious to some...:

Flying feet, what's he proclaim;

Incomplete, but still a name.

It can and then cannot apply,

For maybe it's another guy...

It could be this was first intent,

But ended up a different gent.

Flying feet, what's he proclaim;

Flyin´ feet? Ha! I know that! :lol:

post-544-1241383145.jpg

For maybe it's another guy...

It could be this was first intent,

But ended up a different gent.

Had the strong feeling I read something about that. What was it? Where? MATTEL?

Archived