Plasticaugie's Core Collection

plasticaugie

Excellent survivor there. I also happen to have two of those rascals a blue and a red that have been with me all these years as well,(I have purchased more since) got them as souveniers from the Jersey shore boardwalk, marked 1977. I was about 10. Mine still work great and were made in U.S.A.- Congrats again on a fine collection! Keep up the great work!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

I have been kind of busy collecting and upgrading lately. I never thought I would have two gang members in my collection. I upgraded my Mr Atom, the one I had before was actually a variation but I am only keeping the best. I picked up the set box for the gripidee gravity robot and the English Tomy box for the Karate Robot Jr. The Electric robot came from Rennigers. The Starblazers analyzer robot is actually called Alpha Robot.20150611_121246.thumb.jpg.8dc622ddb6a285

2015-06-11 12.31.06.jpg

20150611_121246.jpg

Wow. When you say "upgrade," you're not kidding around! I've always liked your collection photos -- lots of variety. But man, you added some serious stuff to your shelves...

Where did you pick up the Gang members? Were they in the auction...?

Thanks I got the Lavender on ebay recently. The seller listed it under 'tin toy other' and took terrible pictures so I got lucky that it was in this condition, with almost zero fading to the litho. The Giant Sonic was an ebay find too but not so much a deal so it balances out with the Non-Stop. It has been a good year, I also picked up an Alps Missile Robot which is another one I did not think I would ever have. That was my Robby in a Studebaker moment.

Great additions to your collection. The Mr Atom really stands out.:thumbs:

​Thanks, the Mr Atom I had before was a deeper red and had the flat panel eyes. The box was a weird one, it had the Mr Atom litho on it but was off centered by at least 10" but I think I left it in my ex-wife's attic a long time ago. I am selling the old Mr Atom at an Antique shop that I rent space at in Gaithersburg MD.

#3.jpg

Serious upgrade indeed - just beautiful my friend - the robot atop the Sonic box is from the Japanese build a bot kit?

Very nice, Tom! Good seeing you at B-XII.

I have this Analyzer/Alpha robot, too, but I don't recall the spring loaded antenna.

analyzer.thumb.jpg.481b3efacc5b74af3ba31

Did they come with your example, or were they a DIY? 

Did they come with your example, or were they a DIY? 

​Joe we had a great time at botstock thanks for being such a great host!

This is the way I got it. I had seen one back in March at a toy show but I do not remember if it had the springs or not. Does yours work? Mine is not working and it is one of those glued together robots so I don't plan on trying to open him. I will post a better picture later.

The last time I checked, it was working. Bought this years ago at Kimono My House in Emeryville, CA. Picked up the other sizes there, too.

Great additions! Your collection is certainly growing in the right direction! I remember when I first added Gang members back in the day and it made me feel like I had finally entered a certain elite level of collecting. I was ready to explode with pride. Ah, the good old days before I became jaded! LOL!

Mr. Atom is one of my all time favorite robots but I am always amazed that any survived. He's such a delicate toy. And so shaky when he walks. I would have killed this poor guy within the first ten minutes of play time had I been lucky enough as a kid to receive one!

Thanks Pat, it was good to see you at botstock and look forward to the next Morphy day soon.

Joe, here is a better picture. The first one I saw was at a toy show earlier this year but the seller wanted too much but it did have the spring antennas. Were any of the other sizes battery operated?

20150616_100607.jpg

Archived