Plasticaugie's Core Collection

plasticaugie

Doing some spring cleaning here, and have brought the collection to this sustainable level. Over the years the collection has been much larger, and I still have many more robots for sure but they will be liquidated as with all the other junk in the garage, including SH Mikes 4' tall 100lb. RC trade show robot that he somehow not only talked me into buying form him but also carrying it out of his cellar. Yes there is a lot of plastic but also some tin, diecast, vinyl, and polypropylene. I never wanted to collect the kittihara book, don't get me wrong here but most 'advanced' collectors are just trying to replicate kittiharas wonderland of tin toys. Many of these are trophies from my childhood collection and others that I had seen but was not able to talk mom and dad into buying, others are just plain cool.

I could even widdle this lot down to the essentials. Some of the more unusual pieces are the UFO Diaplon, Bullmark Gigan, Nakajima RoboG,Tomy Ding-a-ling type robot, white and blue sonic controlled hong kong storm trooper head robot, Black with chrome ears Mr galaxy type rotate-o-matic and a Sears exclusive remote triceratops that looks like a marusan plamodel kit.

I will upload more pics later.

196.JPG

195.JPG

194.JPG

post-191-1240954807.jpg

post-191-1240954831.jpg

post-191-1240954850.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many scarce beautiful plastic pieces in there, great assortment and different yet again. That's why this forum is so great, the range of 'bots and space toys and the many materials they're made of makes it so interesting.

Thanks for the great pics, really like those cabinets as they compliment the toys well.

Is it just me or does TOBOR (the black/gold 'bot which I had around 1978 or so) kinda look like an ANT???

Thanks morbius, I am trying to upload more pics but it seems that it is not letting me right now.

Tobor does look like an ant, but I think he looks more like an old telephone. He is in the case because he was one of the robots I had as a kid.

Hi, nice collection and all these robots about which I dream to have :rolleyes: ;) thanks for the pics.

Alain

Thanks tonight I will try to get more pics up.

post-191-1241027895.jpg

post-191-1241027913.jpg

The big guy is the Nakajima Robo G, if you look through his mouth you can see the pilot alien vinyl figure.

post-191-1241027994.jpg199.JPG

Here are the rest, and thanks to Brian for getting more room to allow these to upload!

I still have a pic of the giant robot in my garage.

post-191-1241028022.jpg

post-191-1241028031.jpg

post-191-1241028044.jpg

post-191-1241028052.jpg

post-191-1241028061.jpg

post-191-1241028073.jpg

post-191-1241028082.jpg

Here is the giant trade show robot in his natural surroundings. Thanks MIKE.

Next pic is his guts.

Third pic is a couple of other guys.

post-191-1241037989.jpg207.JPG210.JPG208.JPG

post-191-1241038006.jpg

post-191-1241038021.jpg

Great collection! I see a number of toys I wouldn't mind owning... Also see one or two I actually had as a kid (the Micronaut, for instance). Love the giant RoboG -- that is one impressive looking robot.

I'm assuming the Big Max robot is a custom -- it looks great! Did you do that one yourself?

What's the yellow plastic wind up in picture two? I like the head... can't go wrong with three eyes.

Thanks for posting.

Plas,,,,,,I truly love your collection,so imaginative :) ,,if only I could find the room I'm sure I would find a place for every one of your pieces.

I took the liberty of cropping one of your photos so I could isolate this guy I am intrigued about,,I dont remember ever seeing him before.

P.S,,,,Well spotted Doc,,another great robot from plas's collection that deserves a special mention..

post-540-1241115423.jpg

Your shelf with the see thru robots and the built up kits is my favorite. It is nice to finally see your collection and really get a good understanding about what moves you in this hobby. Well done!!!

Really nice and varied collection. I too especially like the converted Big Max robot. I hve often thought that it was an underated robot, maybe because of it's lack of mobility, but you have certainly remedied that problem.

Plas,,,,,,I truly love your collection,so imaginative :) ,,if only I could find the room I'm sure I would find a place for every one of your pieces.

I took the liberty of cropping one of your photos so I could isolate this guy I am intrigued about,,I dont remember ever seeing him before.

P.S,,,,Well spotted Doc,,another great robot from plas's collection that deserves a special mention..

Thanks for all the compliments guys!

Big Max is indeed a DIY combo of the Remco Big Max and one of the orange russian robots. I made one for Perry and I think SH Mike made one himself. I have done many customs, many usually end up at Perry's. I think he brought a couple for Botstock once.

The robot with the three eyes is one of the three Durham Star Command robots. The other two are on the same shelf.

Archived