Plasticaugie's Core Collection

plasticaugie

beautiful collection!!! a lot of your robots I never saw before or didn't pay attention to,

but seeing them next to (for me) more familiair ones looks very nice!!

now I find myself ebaying/googling a lot of plastics! thanks for showing!

(and I like your dinos also, great display)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for finally posting your collection Plasticaugie - I've been waiting to see it for years and it was certainly worth the wait. A very personalized collection which always makes a strong statement. Very nice!!

Here are two of the more unusual robots to me at least.

The center guy from the neck down is your run of the mill Hong Kong rotate-o-matic but he has the Mr Galaxy type head. I like this one because it has the Horikawa type chrome ears. It is like an upgrade of the Junior toys robots heads. The box is marked Space Commander with two sides in Italian and the other two in English. The head is a little smaller than the Junior toys robots, Mr Galaxy is here for comparison. When you go to the Metalhouse website they have a pic of one of the Junior Toys robots in their gallery of past products leading me to speculate that there was some direct connection between the Hong Kong factories and Metal House.

The one on the right is a sonic controlled Storm trooper knock-off. It has one led in each eye and an 'ear' in the top of its head. When you turn it on it advances and may go into a cycle, it stops after a few seconds. Clap your hands and it will start again. While the robot is powered the eyes are lighted and when he is walking the eyes are blinking. The box is a little different than the more common star wars type rotaters. The battery cover is white with blue stripes.

post-191-1241561436.jpg

post-191-1241561447.jpg211.JPG212.JPG216.JPG

post-191-1241561460.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the Astro Mu guy that I keep inside of the nakajima robo G, it is a Marusan repop. The other two smaller guys are the pack-ins with the robo G.

post-191-1242520016.jpg239.JPG

• 5 months later...

thanks for taking the time to post your amazing collection. love the diverse tastes that you have . really looks like you have a true joy of collecting.

That is one of the most unusual collections I have ever seen !! It's phenomenal ! Hey, I'll be in DC tomorrow around noon. Watch for me. I'll be the guy being dragged down the street in cuffs. Give me a call after 1400 [posting bail] I'd really like to see your collection. Have to be on the train back by 1800 . See if we can swing a Pantera tour too. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

Thanks, yes one cat loves to watch and the other chases down the slot cars. The fence is actually to keep the dogs out.

Here is the work bench I need a fan for the solvent fumes :wacko:

Mark I have a lot of projects in the works and now I finally have the time to finish them. I will keep in touch.

post-191-0-95537900-1422644729_thumb.jpe

Wow! A GREAT collection, Tom, and an excellent video too. I am ashamed to say I haven't seen it till now.A most impressive collection for sure with some of the greats right down to the little ones (but not least). I like the display case for the little ones too; reminds me of my Star Wars display case from a few decades ago... :cheers:

Thanks Ultrarobotman, the heart of my collection is the top middle Tomy Rascal robot in the display case. It it the first version of that toy and the one robot that I have had since 1977 that has survived intact.

Archived