Yonezawa 59's Tv Space Explorer Documentation

Jerome

>Funkrobotnik & Blechroboter :

I knew my english was funny, hehe... and the situation too. But it's really cool to have 'bots addicts from all over the world that try to communicate here... there's no other place like this on the web, really B)

>Martijn :

Thank's for the offer, but I think we well understood the situation. And on another point, it may be wise to keep this conversation in English to leave it as an information for others who may need it a day... (but if I really don't understand : comptez sur moi pour demander en Francais mon ami ;) )

I'll try all those manipulations on the gears in the upcoming week. I don't think there are any problems with other parts since the arms are on springs and on a simple mechanism.

Here, we have a 3 day week-end so I escape screens and robots for somedays :P (ouch : sunlight will burn my vampire skin)

Gentlemen, thank's all ; may the robotic laws be with you...

;)

(to be continued...)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi again !

Previously on "Repairing a TV Space Explorer" :

Jfoundthemechanismwasstuckedandtrueadvisedhelpstartedtofixwhatwasjammed, when suddenly...

... the mechanism is fully functionnal now. The robot action looks normal, sliding in full course from TV mode to Robot mode. :)

BUT... the bad news is that the motor is dead. In the idea of replacing it someday, what kind of motor should I get ???....

Thank's all for your help anyway ; it's been a really interesting surgery ;).

( Will drop a picture in my collection soon :) )

J.

Are you sure the motor is dead?

Have you tried putting in new, fresh batteries, switching the robot "ON" and turning the motor shaft (well, the gear attached to the motor shaft) by hand (well, probably using a small screwdriver)?

Perhaps the brushes that make contact with the commutator are very oxidized. With the switch in the "ON" position, try turning the motor shaft a number of times which will wear away the oxidation and "clean" up the contact. The old lubricant may be gummed up as well. Keep turning the shaft for a minute or two. Remember, this toy has probably been sitting idle for many, many years.

This post makes me realise how lazy we English speakers are.

Here we have martijn from Nederland and jarome from France communicating with each other in a foreign language , and not only that, trying to go through quite a complicated repair process.

Hats off to you gentlemen and I really mean that .

:unsure: I remember evenings at Henk's, where he would address anyone present in his motherlanguage. Henk was fluent in English, Dutch, French, German & Spanish, & he could utter some Italian & Greek to boot.

I was so happy, coming back from Japan to be able to teach HIM something.

Did I ever mention I MISS him.

It's a Sunny rainy day, here in Belgium, when you can see through the icy fog !!!

Did I ever mention I MISS him.

I bet you do Xris.

I didn't know him but I miss his very funny sledgehammer wit on this forum :lol:

Those push rods to the arms are bent also. As if someone pulled up on the arms while they were retracted.

eagle, in fact my little girl uses the arm for swingingpooljumpboard (is this english??) for her bob the builder and barbapapas :lol: :lol: :huh: :unsure: :angry2:

bon soir chris, j'ai parlé avec beaucoup des gents qui connessaint henk des jours passée avant internet ici dans les pays bas, seulement des bons mots... a lot of good memories/stories they have

Are you sure the motor is dead?

Have you tried putting in new, fresh batteries, switching the robot "ON" and turning the motor shaft...

OK Doc',

I'll give a try in few weeks since these times I'm doing surgery on some... Soul Of Chogokin (don't look at me like that, please don't ! I'm not ashamed ;) ).

Thank's for the info ; I tested the motor with 2 AA batteries directly connected on it... should have gave enough juice to wake it up if something was wakable.... anyway, I'll try your manipulation. I also heard that sometime electric motors needs to be hit few little times because cabon things inside it may be stucked. So, I'm not sure the motor is really dead, but he deserves an Oscar for the play !

...swingingpooljumpboard

Swingingpool :blink: Damned, what is a swingingpool :lol: Can´t translate it :D My fantasy goes wild now :P :lol:

Jumpboard - yeah would have translated it the same way, but correct word is (you don´t believe it perhaps) springboard.

Swingingpool :blink: Damned, what is a swingingpool :lol: Can´t translate it :D My fantasy goes wild now :P :lol:

Jumpboard - yeah would have translated it the same way, but correct word is (you don´t believe it perhaps) springboard.

in fact I thought of writing springboard, but then I thought no they will think its a plate with springs :lol:

ja zizz izz a diifikölt language, I even write swinging pool, wouldn't that be a cool place to chill :P you haven't got that in germany have you ;)

-->20090410ddr1machine.jpg ?

;) ;) ;)

.... I even write swinging pool, wouldn't that be a cool place to chill :P you haven't got that in germany have you ;)

NO - I mean yes, we don´t have it here. That´s why so many Germans drove to the Netherlands spending their holydays in Swinging Pool Clubspost-544-1242768964.gif

That´s what happend when a Dutch, a French and a German making english jokes!!

When your thoughts go back for 70 or 95 years, now we are having a real good time in Europe.

[quote name='Blechroboter'

When your thoughts go back for 70 or 95 years, now we are having a real good time in Europe.

• 1 month later...

Last episode on this tremendous adventure :

I'm just out from the operation room and had to go a little farther than planned. I'm explaining : since the robot wasn't giving any sign of engine activity, I remembered reading somewhere here that overpowering it for an instant could help, a bit like electrical shots for heart attack. Also, I recalled that electrical motors are made of a "bobine" (don't know the word for the copper wire circling the inside), magnets and "charbons" (carbone ?) ; and that sometimes when not used for a long time, those last can "glue" and stop action.

So, with the back of a little scewdriver I hurted a bit the motor. Then plugged 3 batteries directly on it (since everything else was disconnected / don't wanna see lamp explosion !) and... IT CAME BACK TO LIFE !

So thank's Alphadromers for all your hints, since even if it doesn't move too smoothly, the TV Explorer is now making his first moves in front of me and I feel... I can't say... it's wonderful imagining the guy who created that a half century ago and excite me with great emotion like a kid today.

*** JOY !!! ***

Archived