Yonezawa 59's Tv Space Explorer Documentation

Jerome

Hi all !

Been reading for a while all of your messages there. Interesting material, as interesting persons too :).

I drop this request about finding some Y's TV Space Explorer documents that would help me make it fully functional again.

I know this is one of the hottest tin-bot to repair, but I'm quite used with playing this game since that's not the first robot I own requesting some mechanical surgery... I've been searching on the Web many informations sources, but as usual, Alphadrome still the most efficient.

Maybe some of you have informations or links that could help me before I start my mechanical quest.....

Thank's all

62ea_1.JPG

Ooooooh... thank's Joe : I didn't found those useful pages !

It seems that we have other great Doctors who operated here.... ;)

Here ya go, Jerome. This thread should answer any remaining questions you might have:

http://danefield.com/alpha/forums/index.php?showtopic=1967

This is really a great thread about repairs to the Space Explorer by Yonezawa, TIMELINE dated to 1967. It contains wonderful photos and information. It was nearly impossible to find when using the "search" function, because nowhere in the entire thread does anyone mention the name "Space Explorer". Just something to keep in mind when you post in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Just received "the Graal" this morning...

tvbot.JPG

It's general aspect is good, even if unpainted parts are not at the top. The battery test is negative : compatment needs a little fix to have a tab correctly making contact with battery. I quickly solved the problem for testing : still no noise or light...

Well, I'm ready for some mechanical surgery 'till this week... I pray for the motor to still functional or better, just a cable floating inside... but no dreams : this boys seems to need a serious care.

Thank's again for the links to the useful "how to" ; they'll be precious to me...

Will give some news if the patient wake up ;)

1S QUESTION then :

Mmmh, the robot doesn't seems to allow is arms getting fully againts its body. There's always a space between feets and body when in TV mode. Is it normal ??? (you can see in on the previous pictures)

tvr1.JPG

The head just came out when I reversed him and the cables didn't hanged it for a long... I'm a bit worry for the mechanism supposed to raise it out ; but I'll check that later...

I removed the chest plate ; this patient seems to have suffer for a previous Mad Doctor since the golden slice befor the picture was stucked. Fixed now (just a bad re-insertion of the whole display).

But I'm still stuck, trying to understand why Mr Roboto doesn't want to completely down its body on his feets...

Here are more visual details ; you may have suggestions...

Front view :

tvr2.JPG

From upper :

tvr3.JPG

I stop the work at this point, prefering to hear comments before removing main body...

hi jerome, I think yours is stuck, then the motor stops.

the half moon gear with no teeth is in the high position, and pushing the little brass wheel on the hammer shape gear too hard,

so it won't continue its way to the fall down position.

thats why also the arms don't go fully down.

try this: bend away to the right the hammerlike gear so it slip off the little gear in the back

(it will need some careful force, because the halfmoon gear has pushed itself very stuck on the little brass wheel knob)

when its loose turn the robot on till the halfmoon gear is in down position (open side upwards)

then put back on the little gear the hammer gear, try till you have the right hight when robot is fully rised.

if it don't succeed post some more inner detail foto's.

btw the gold plate is suppose to stuck,

when in this position you have to slide it a little to the right before you can lift it.

looked some more at your photo, defenitly stuck in the high position! and probably pushed in brutaly, when it stopped

try what I wrote, and try understanding the action of lifting up.

the half moon gear is the toothless one on the right (shares same axle as the big gear on the left/middle)

I'm curious, what is on the back of the bearded guy varivue???

Héhé... no fruits or flowers on the back of the varivue...

(UPDATE : mmmh, the exterior of the metal was clueless... but removing the image revealed it was a metal police car toy that was donor of this tin)

The hammer-like gear was easy to put away, since i've locked ut the mechanism in up position.

I'm actually mofidying wires to test motor in the eventuality of re-synchronizing gears at the same level.

So if I understand nearly well, I should operate on the 2 upper gears on the left to have the moon-shape showing more empty when i observe from up, since moon & biggest gears rotate together ? Then after, just re-synch' the hammer shaped gear to have correct movement.

Here a closer look to the inside since the body cover is now removed....

tvr4.JPG

Anyway, thank's for all those informations ; it's good for motivation to feel helped ;)

So if I understand nearly well, I should operate on the 2 upper gears on the left to have the moon-shape showing more empty when i observe from up, since moon & biggest gears rotate together ? Then after, just re-synch' the hammer shaped gear to have correct movement.

yes i think so. your picture showed the little knob tight on the halfmoon, this is the reason its so bend, the half moon pushed with much force on the hammer you have loose now,

so if the hammer is attached too or too high on the little gear in the back, you have either a motor that stops because the halfmoon get stuck or you have the 2 gears on the left (horizontal and vertical to the feet wheels) that don't grab eachother

This post makes me realise how lazy we English speakers are.

Here we have martijn from Nederland and jarome from France communicating with each other in a foreign language , and not only that, trying to go through quite a complicated repair process.

Hats off to you gentlemen and I really mean that .

This post makes me realise how lazy we English speakers are.

Here we have martijn from Nederland and jarome from France communicating with each other in a foreign language , and not only that, trying to go through quite a complicated repair process.

Hats off to you gentlemen and I really mean that .

quand vous voulez parler en francais, c'est bien aussi :D

Those push rods to the arms are bent also. As if someone pulled up on the arms while they were retracted. Thats restricting full arm travel. I have never worked on one of these. So that's the best I can do. Sorry.

Those push rods to the arms are bent also. As if someone pulled up on the arms while they were retracted. Thats restricting full arm travel. I have never worked on one of these. So that's the best I can do. Sorry.

the pushrods are springs, looks indeed like bend metal on the foto.

very simple mechanism, body goes up, and arms can only go with it, because springs are attached to the lower part that stays down.

Archived