The Friedel Collection

Kilroy

www.toyrobotcollection.com

I finally got my Website halfway organized enough to show in public. You can view these pictures with closeup shots.

This first picture is at my business where I am currently displaying some of my robots to the public. I will likely take it down in the fall.

post-548-1239672792.jpg

More of the collection:

post-548-1239672905.jpg

post-548-1239673653.jpg

The smaller bots

post-548-1239673747.jpg

post-548-1239674037.jpg _____post-548-1239674052.jpg

post-548-1239674151.jpg _____post-548-1239674165.jpg

Great looking collection, Kilroy! Your toys display wonderfully, and I can see a whole bunch of robots I wouldn't mind adding to my own collection one day.

How come you've got some on display at your work place? What's the story behind that? It's very cool...

great looking website and beautiful collection leon!

whats the attacking martian with the red eyes and red circles instead of green? japanese market version?

thanks for showing!

soon I'm gonna try built the ray gun, thanks for putting the scans on the website.

Thanks guys!

Brian: Just showing my passion off to the public. Some people show a real interest in them, not many are robot specific fans but it has allowed me to meet a few local collectors of other sorts of toys and such. The case originally held a much more eclectic collection of toys and has just gradually morphed into what it is now. I have enjoyed giving away boogiebots to kids that have come to visit the display but unfortunately have run out for now. (trying to grow a new crop of robot collectors)

Martijn: I picked that up from Gernot at the last botstock and is really one of my favorites. I think it was very likely a japanese market item, I see the same door gels used in some of the SH spaceships.

Nice collection and display. Some really nice pieces. I really like to see mixed plastic and tin collections. I think you may have started a new trend.......Take a robot (or a lot of robots) to work day.

• 2 years later...

Don´t have that one, and that one, and that one, .... ow I have that one, don´t have that one, .... :)

Collection Fantastique Leon. Only wished your shop was around my corner.

• 2 years later...

This is a wonderful collection Leon, always a pleasure to peruse. Some of your interesting 'Canadian' edition pieces I had many years ago and since let them go usually to some kid who happened by but most I've regained recently. Case in point the yellow/red tumbling plastic robot (which I don't have currently) with the square bi-linual (french/english) box which I believe I picked up at Regal Gifts in Toronto some 35 years ago. Your cabinets add to the colllection immensely, one day I'll have to take the plunge after the next caretaker's college has been taken care of. :lecture:

Cheers! :cheers:

Archived