Sparkrobot's Robot Collection

Sparkrobot

O.K I realise not everyone does this with there collection post's but to be honest my collection has changed so much over the couple of years since I joined alphadrome this new post is an easier option than trawling through and editing my old collection post..

This time I have only included robots,,no star wars stuff or any thing else I collect I will leave that for 'Off Topic'

The only other things I will mention is after much expence I can now say my collection is mainly all vintage with a few 'new market' robots that I just like the design of and now has only a few repro's that will be exchanged for originals over the next few years,,last of all I hope the picture files are a good size and a better quality... The last grouping are my Andybots which are hosed in my study...

post-540-1239571373.jpgDSCF2319.JPGDSCF2320.JPGDSCF2322.JPGDSCF2323.JPGDSCF2327.JPGDSCF2330.JPGDSCF2331.JPGDSCF2334.JPGDSCF2336.JPGDSCF2338.JPGDSCF2340.JPGDSCF2347.JPGDSCF2350.JPGDSCF2356.JPGDSCF2343.JPGDSCF1395.JPGDSCF0070.JPGDSCF2379.JPG

post-540-1239571385.jpg

post-540-1239571400.jpg

post-540-1239571411.jpg

post-540-1239571423.jpg

post-540-1239571437.jpg

post-540-1239571452.jpg

post-540-1239571469.jpg

post-540-1239571486.jpg

post-540-1239571509.jpg

post-540-1239571524.jpg

post-540-1239571947.jpg

post-540-1239571969.jpg

post-540-1239571997.jpg

post-540-1239572027.jpg

post-540-1239572668.jpg

post-540-1239572941.jpg

post-540-1239573572.jpg

... The last grouping are my Andybots which are hosed in my study...

Egads, Sparks! Are the Andybots really that dirty? ;)

Great collection!

Andy,,,,,,Trust you for picking me up on my 'glaring' spelling mistake <_<

No,,,They are not that dirty!!,,,,,,,,,,,,but just for you and your sense of humour I am now refusing to edit the post.

Hosed is how it will stay ! :blink: :lol:

Great Collection and great display. How big is the Metropolis robot? (I didn't want to get yelled at for calling her Maria)

ER&S,,,,,,,Actually I think her correct name is False Maria........She is made by the same British company as my big Star Wars statues and flying saucers you see behind the big Planet robot,,they are called Compulsion Creative Concepts,,all there items are made by a metal pewter covered resin system and are really heavy.......She is 32 and half inches from bottom of base to the top of her head....here is a link

http://www.compulsion.net/

:blink: wow what a collection in such short time!!!!

you have some REAL good looking robots!!!

I see you have some repro's next to some high end robots, what is your idea if i may ask?

good untill you have the original? or simply good and spent your money on other robots?

Hi Steve, it's always a great pleasure too see your beautiful robots collection, all these robots which I dream to have one day :rolleyes: blue venus robot, answer game, mighty (athlete) robot, piston robot, blink a gear, space explorer, winky, rusher robot, Mr Atom, rotor etc, etc, etc.... :D Thank you again for these pics.

Alain

Martijn,Thanks for appreciating my collection,,,,,,,As a rule it's good untill I get the original,,but with some like say the Thunder robot,Lantern robot and Chief robotman I know it will be ages before I can get a vintage one in good condition so the repro stays to give my collection a really varied look. Also what usually happens is if I get a nice cash amount behind me for a new robot usually it will go towards a robot that I dont have at all, not even in repro form,,,,two quite recent examples of this is my Directional robot and the just purchased Laser robot..Also I like to have just a few of the new market robots ,I used to buy a lot of these but because space was needed for my vintage robots most have now been sold. I have kept a few and I cant bring myself to part with, Sinister creep ,Cockpit robot ,Roboter and the Apollo robot.They look good in the cabinet and there was never a vintage robot quite the same as them..

Alain,,,,,,,I just saw your post,,thanks,I'm glad you like them....The thing is with you especially I know you will one day have the robots you mentioned,,It doesn't seem that long ago when I wanted them myself ;) I'm a great believer in if you set your sites on something ,within reason you will be able to eventually get it. :)

post-540-1239745376.jpg

post-540-1239745415.jpg

post-540-1239745540.jpg

post-540-1239745581.jpg

hi spark and it sure is a varied collection you have if I look at your wall of robots,

very nice displayed :)

this is what I like about all the different collection we see here,

some have all variations of 1 robot next to eachother and others like you have all different robots

Cheers Brian,and everyone else who showed appreciation of my collection,,it really means a lot to me..I am still as enthuasiastic about robots now as I was as a 7 year old kid,,,,,,I just spend a lot more money on them now :unsure: :)

very nice collection sparks, i am extremely jealous

amoebaboy,,,,,,,,,Thanks for the kind words,,,,,,,,Jealosy is an emotion I have felt a few times since joining alphadrome,I must say I was extremely jealous of the steampunk R2-D2 you made ,I was even going to try and buy it at one time but couldn't afford it at the time :closedeyes: ..Some members seem to have every robot imaginable [ have you seen The Collectors collection? :o ] but seeing what can be achieved is also inspirational.I dont have a massive income but with a few clearouts and then selling on ebay and car boot sales I have managed to aquire some of my better robots,,also there is always Christmas and your birthday ;)

Archived