My Daughter Is Packing Heat!

Andyman

Andy,

Great looking shot of a great looking gun. Did you carve the pistol grip? Is that a tweeter on the end of the barrel? I am really stumped on the arc shape on the top. Sorry for the 20 questions, but for me, part of the beauty of your creations is guessing where the components came from.

No problem, Joe. I enjoy seeing people trying to figure out the parts.

***SPOILERS***

I cut the handle pattern out of wood with a jig saw and then with a sanding bit on my dremel tool I rough in all the curved surfaces. Then it's all hand sanding. I don't fine sand it too well and I leave some rough spots to give it a "used" feel. The barrel end piece is from an old tube camera lens. Ergo the "10X". The metal piece that the gun is mounted on is half of a Quantum Fireball hard drive case (nice sleuthing there, Steve). Most of the rest of the gun came from typewriter parts. The curved piece is the guide for the type...hammers?...mallets?...whatever those thingies are that smack the type onto the page. The barrel and metal cover piece are from the carriage assembly that holds the paper. The trigger is from some latch mechanism.

Here's a regular shot of the gun.

post-231-1238944025.jpg

Archived