A Ray Gun Addition, Need A Little Help

JimK

Hey Gang,

I just won a couple of these Han Solo Star Wars Blasters on EBAY. They didn't work so I got them cheap. I fixed them so they now work. However the little knobs that hold the battery cover on are missing on both guns. I was hoping that someone (maybe Doc) could provide a picture of what these knobs look like and how they hold the cover in place. Or if anyone has some that they would consider letting go of that would be very cool but I know it is not likely. I have two other ray gun additions coming in this week including my first tin ray gun. I will post them when they come in.

Thanks

JimK

post-769-1237905236.jpg

post-769-1237905227.jpg

Sorry, Jim, can't help with this one. It's a bit outside the range of my collection, which really focuses on the early wave of vintage space guns (up through the very early Sixties, for all intents and purposes). Though I did have this gun when I was a kid... a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away... ;)

I bet there are some Star Wars collections online... if you can find one, maybe the owners can be emailed and asked to provide the appropriate photos.

Good luck!

Jim, the best place for this post probably would have been ray guns. This may not be much help to you. I had a lot of SW guns but sold most of those that look more realistic. This one which looks close to yours was produced in 1996. I assume yours is earlier. this one has a battery cover held in place with a screw. The knobs are non functional. Must have been a design change? ;)

post-221-1237908793.jpg

post-221-1237908806.jpg

Yes, there was a design change (my wife collects SW stuff). Possibly because the older, functional knobs would fall off when you opened the battery compartment.

Archived