I Don't Know ?

Eagle

This weekend was real nice. Weather wise . It just spooled me up. After I took care of all the job , home stuff. I just wanted to build something FAST. I built the Phaser in less than an hour and then I saw the lantern Phil had brought a few months ago. Just couldn't see a robot out of it,,,,but I could see a robot craft. It's thrown together ,so don't judge it too harshly. I grabbed what ever was in arms length and assembled it. Robby recon vehicle. Oh yeah, he has anti glare and war paint. :P Just for fun.

post-545-1236569703.jpg

post-545-1236569715.jpg

post-545-1236569726.jpg

Very cool, Mark. Now imagine how much cooler it would have looked if you had taken your time? ;)

:huh: Or does that work in reverse for you? ;) ;)

Your right Andy,,more time would have resulted in a better end result. However. I was all fired up yesterday from the nice weather. So when I came inside last night I sure didn't feel like sitting down and watching TV. So I plopped down in front of the work bench and started grabbing parts. You know what I mean. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. :P

Mark,,,,when I first saw it the x wing fighter came to mind,,,[ R2's head popping out/Robbys head popping out]

still a good effort considering you threw it together,,[ your words ;) ] and it kept you busy untill your next major project whatever that might be.. :)

post-540-1236709149.jpg

I'm not familiar with Firefly Phil. It's not a serious piece. It was just something to do on a slow Saturday night to keep my mind off my 401k. :(

I like it! Just different enough to be interesting.

You know, when I stop to think about it, I can't remember a "homebuilt" on this website that I didn't like. :D

I think it is absolutely fabulous!!!!!

BTW: I just discovered the Firefly episodes and think they are great. Too bad there is only about 14 of them.

I think it is absolutely fabulous!!!!!

BTW: I just discovered the Firefly episodes and think they are great. Too bad there is only about 14 of them.

Firefly was an awesome space cowboy show that got screwed over by it's own network. Fox just didn't know what to do with it so they killed it off after one season. "Serenity" was the movie version that kind of closed the book on Firefly's storyline.

You probably would have liked Firefly, Mark. All the weaponry was based on guns from the wild west. So very realistic, but with small tweaks to make them feel like they're from a more advanced, futuristic society. The space ships were, well, space ships, but again, they invested the show with just enough realism to make it all feel solid. Sort of like Battlestar Galactica, but not nearly as dark and gritty. A fun show... Check it out on DVD if you get a chance.

Really like it Mark,

but I would point those two front guns toward the back and call them thrusters, and if you could find (make?) a scaled down Robby head that was more proportional then that thing would rock!!.....welll, just my two cents. :)

Your right Robert !! I will turn them around and make thrusters. The head is scale. See the head is matched to the size of the fuselage. This is like a "Space Borne" only Robby. So his body is the Fuselage !! There is no Robby in the rocket. Robby is the rocket.

Doc, I will try to catch the series Firefly. It does sound good. I'll make the modifications tonight. His weapons will become retro's. So he has no visible weapons systems. That will make the peacenik,tree huggin crowd happy. :lol: Thanks for the help and suggestions.

That will make the peacenik,tree huggin crowd happy. :lol: Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Glad you like the suggestion Mark, but I am more of a piece loving, bush huggin kind of guy! ;)

Glad you like the suggestion Mark, but I am more of a piece loving, bush huggin kind of guy! ;)

I don't care who ya are, that's funny right there!! Lord, I Apologize and be with the starving pygmies down there in New Guinea. Amen. :P

Archived