Rex Mars Target Game "jumpers"

Tinman

I'm not exactly sure how these were used with the game (seen on page 151 of "Blast Off") but I recently picked up these colorful pieces of 1950's plastic. The alien was obviously modeled after the MARX Tom Corbett alien figure, seen below in blue. All have a thick rubber suction cup on the reverse that would cause the character to jump when the suction let loose. The green alien and yellow rocketship are new additions and are currently in transit from Ontario.

The Tom Corbett alien figure:

post-329-1235276785.jpg

post-329-1235276824.jpg

post-329-1235276830.jpg

post-329-1235276837.jpg

post-329-1235276842.jpg

Nice going, Bill! I've had opportunities to get the aliens at shows but never did. I don't remember ever seeing the rocket. Love it. Guess I'll have to look for them again! :D

Thanks Phil. I'm not sure they were part of the target game, they may only have been pictured with it in Blast Off. After receiving the red one and seeing how neat it was I had to pick up the others. They display nicely by standing them on end, and you have to love the colors! I've never seen the rocket myself. The red one does not carry the MARX stamp and I expect the same for the others.

Archived