Trendmasters

David Kirk

I heard last week that Trendmasters is no more. They made a lot of fun robot stuff, not least of all my short-lived Nova toys. I'm really sorry they couldn't tread through this current economic swamp.

Trendmasters gone!! That's too bad. They made some of the coolest toys I've ever seen including all the awesome Lost In Space stuff, the Forbidden Planet Robby, Nova, and all that crazy Mars Attacks! stuff. Really creative minds here. Too, too bad.

Right now their Robbies are really hot on Ebay. In the past few weeks I have seen the Trendmasters Robby go for as much as a hundred dollars! Glad I bought a couple when they were under $30.

Hi David,

this is realy a sad Message. Trendmasters was the only Company that build still nice New Robots Today. ( ok in plastic , but ....)

Verry Famous all kinds of Iron Giant, of course Nova and all the Lost in Space Stuff.

I remember that I pay many bucks for my Big size B9, not for the Item self.

The shippingcosts to germany was expencive than the Robot, but I want not miss them in my Collection.

I think the Marketing-People was looking only ( in the past) for the Kids Market and not for Collectormarket.

It,s a realy a hard buisness with expencive Licences, big risk for companys.

Hope we hear something again from TM.

Volker

:(

Let me echo the previous thoughts. Trendmasters made wonderful and inexpensive toys(except when shipped overseas). I have found the even the most exacting collectors singing their praises. This is one modern company that will be missed.

Is it known for certain that TrendMasters has gone out of business, or have they been "assimilated" by another international conglomerate (such as the one that bought-out Ertl many years ago)?

I'll see if I can find out if anyone has taken over their work. I got the idea that they just folded, but one can hope. Just a few years ago they were doing really well. I personally think we can all thank King George for this sort of thing, but I suppose we ought to keep politics out of it.

I found an article on the web saying that Trendmasters was sold to a larger firm called Jakks Pacific. The article was dated 12/3/02. Couldn't find anything newer about how the merger is working out or if Trendmasters is even still producing toys at all. Their old website is also dead.

Archived