Robotos Robots On Display

Roboto

Congratulation for this new robot that looks close to the Apollo 2000 and for the repair of the Dalek (BTW how do you manage to repair the plastic window of the box ? do you simply replace it?)

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roboto

• Ultrarobotman

• Jonydroid

• Golddalek

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This version was made by MH in 2012 and again in 2015 I saw it in MH display shop photos and sent a message on how to buy. The plastic window takes time to make happen I use the Dura-Lar clear plastic from a roll purchased thru Amazon as seen in photo then it is cut and re-glued to the inner lid box on the larger lids I will do a slight bend were the fold is needed for the box.

Taking the old torn plastic off the damaged box also take time as not to damage the glue to box area as a major tear.

IMG_1746.jpg

Dalek Strategist (5).JPG

DSC00673.JPG

DSC00751.JPG

The Dalek Sec is now complete and lit up with his Red to Blue eye even his exterminate gun lights up nice and bright. Next comes the repair to the inner/outer Sec boxes!

Sec Blk (1).JPG

Sec Blk (2).JPG

That Altair 4 vehicle is stunning, very detailed reproduction.😺

$6000 on eBay......As Fred Sanford always says, "Elizabeth, This is the big one"💔💥

58 minutes ago, Golddalek said:

That Altair 4 vehicle is stunning, very detailed reproduction.😺

$6000 on eBay......As Fred Sanford always says, "Elizabeth, This is the big one"💔💥

I saw that one for that amount and its used and Robbies dome is damaged and has Styrofoam marks stuck to it from being stored in the box with out the plastic bag to keep him safe!  The value should be $60.00 for parts use.

The Altair-4 Transporter and Robby look great in Roboto's photos!

It's not unusual for certain Japanese sellers to offer an item for sale at 500% to 1,000% the market value, not sure how well it works as a marketing tool but it obviously gets some attention...

• 3 weeks later...

Coming soon for my collection. Since I already have the 2nd version of K-9 made in 2014 with its original color K-9 version it was time to find and add the 1rst version made in 2006 with its blue/gray look to him. Both have different voice sounds with remotes and the same for the try me voice sounds, Plus they both have that cool looking box and inside second box art work!

1rst version has the bright colorful box with a adjustable antenna on the remote, 2nd version has its blue box and no adjustable antenna for its remote.

K9  made 2006.jpg

K9 made 2006 1.jpg

K9 made 2016.jpg

K9 made 2016 1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Added to the collection this 1/4 scale  K-9 MK1 from 2004. The outer box will need some repairs but that colorful inner box has been repaired due to age/usage of time. K-9 is 15" long 10" tall and 7" wide.  I really like how his top control panel lights up and in different colors along with the inner side area. Plus his red front eyes! 

K9 MK1 (1).JPG

K9 MK1 (2).JPG

K9 MK1 (3).JPG

K9 MK1 (4).JPG

K9 MK1 (5).JPG