• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roboto

• Ultrarobotman

• Jonydroid

• Golddalek

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Paint has dried nicely and now its time to put this Dalek together. That remote turned out to be a challenge taking it apart was made not to be.

DSC00571.JPG

DSC00580.JPG

DSC00577.JPG

DSC00582.JPG

DSC00621.JPG

Now begins putting this Dalek together and soldering the wires. It was easy for me to cut the wires as I first started since the board has fine and thin contacts and even though using a 15w iron did not want to chance a board contact problem. Many of the last 13" remote control Dalek had factory issues like not working right out of box to no lights to no sound. They were made very cheap and sales dropped this is why the last Dalek scientist orange never came to be.

DSC00583.JPG

DSC00576.JPG

Needed to make for safe storage an inner box for this 13" Orange Dalek since this version was never made thru Character options as there last run in a series of 5. Perhaps one day a 13" red drone box may be found and turned into a Scientist box.

DSC00637.JPG

DSC00631.JPG

DSC00617.JPG

DSC00620.JPG

Thank you, this has been a delicate project working with plastic and not breaking/cracking parts. The worst part was those 4 collar screws that hold the Dalek together and are hidden inside and are sealed with long hard rubber cap inserts that had a light glue added. I thought as I removed them something would snap but I got lucky!

DSC00588.jpg

DSC00585.JPG

DSC00586.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Your Dalek collection is getting bigger and bigger. I would never have the patience and probably not the skill to take apart and repair these robots as apparently must be done if you want them to function. Congratulations on a nice group and hope you find the yellow. :thumbs:

Thank you,

These Paradigm Dalek as a 13" remote control have become harder to find. Most work great however some arrive non-working from the UK and require work with spare parts that I have bought direct from Character Option in the UK over time. The hardest part to find within reason as cost wise are those 2 ear bulbs and that front eyestalk which now go for $30.00 each when they appear on-line. They are fun to work on and take some time to make it happen. Even when found thru eBay UK new in box never opened they have been factory sealed with retainers on bottom and sides to keep them together for shipping its the batteries that are factory installed for that try me!mode when buying and have been sitting inside the Dalek since 2004 to 2013 so some may leak-out and cause a problem.

13 inch red bx.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The 13" Radio Control Yellow Eternal has arrived new in Box with all its inner plastic protection plastic covers however the box will need to be repaired has been around since 2010 and after time and being handled the front clear plastic sheet will be replaced. I now have 4 color combos with 2 more to go. 

DSC00662.JPG

DSC00665.JPG

DSC00666.JPG

DSC007333.jpg

DSC007388.jpg

DSC00696.jpg

The Eternal is different in the Spheres that are black the others have a gray metallic finish to them. I finished the repair to the box with clear thick plastic sheet same thickness as the original had to cut trimmed and glued. Its always nice to have a great looking box for the collection as seen with the before and after!

DSC00713.JPG

DSC00673.JPG

y1.jpg

y2.JPG

DSC00751.JPG

What was thought to be only 4 color version of the 13" Paradigm turned out to be 6 now. The orange version Scientist was only made in the smaller version by Character Options and was stopped with the 13" version so many a collector like myself had to make one happen. On my quest to find the blue Strategist made in 2012 found out that Character Option was also going to release a green version called the Geneticist to finish the set of 6 so I will need to make this last version happen sometime!

dalek13-stratergist-1580211.jpg

6 combos.jpg

green dalek3.jpg

On my quest to locate the Blue Strategist I found a Red Drone and Yellow Eternal used/damaged so they have arrived and been taken apart to make the Geneticist. The remote control on these are very hard to take apart to paint them properly many a collector have just hand painted them and they seem not to look so great once done. 

DSC00767.JPG

DSC00780.JPG

DSC00779.JPG

DSC00785.JPG