Andy Shaw's Collection.

Andy

I've spent some time developing the control system of the life sized radio controlled Planet Robot and the brief was that this one had to interactively talk and turn it's head dome while flashing the voice light with every syllable! Tall order, the demands on the power supply and added weight high up in the robot during walking was a difficult problem to solve.

The result has astounded me, and I designed/built the machine...

http://youtu.be/XsZHymafEfg

http://youtu.be/f_OcmZI7SJk

More video's with sound, not music plus plenty of pics and details can be found on the facebook page... shawcraft robots and mechanical men. Be sure to 'like' if you enjoy it and feel free to send friend requests.

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it's been quite a while since I last posted anything and yet there have been changes in my collection. The collection of toy robots is now in a much smaller room although I've built a large room for some of my model cars and two real cars. There has been progress on the Zeroid Zintar too so here are some photo's...

SAM_3160.JPG

SAM_3238.JPG

SAM_3266.JPG

SAM_3230.JPG

SAM_3113.JPG

SAM_1514.JPG

SAM_1518.JPG

AProfpic.jpg

Andy haven't spoken to you in years. I love the lifesize Zeroid.

I bought one of your lifesize Planet robots. We moved to Hastings and his mech Bros I transit, so now he is static and lives outside. Given him a great position near the pond.😊

On 1/27/2017 at 9:56 PM, Sparkrobot said:

Andy haven't spoken to you in years. I love the lifesize Zeroid.

I bought one of your lifesize Planet robots. We moved to Hastings and his mech Bros I transit, so now he is static and lives outside. Given him a great position near the pond.😊

Hi matey, I remember your visit very well. The robot looks great there although I can fix him if you want. They do look fantastic outside don't they. Glad you like the Zeroid, I probably started him the year after you bought your Planet Robot.

Archived