Photon Rifle Gets Ammo

Eagle

Finally after months I put together the power supply for the Photon Rifle. I couldn't be happier. Trying to find the chip to duplicate the sound I was looking for was difficult. The sound I was looking for was from the old Star Trek. It was the episode "ARENA" . Kirk fires the photon mortar at a Gorn position. This sound was originally made by hitting a high tension guide wire with a rod. So finally I found a source with a reverb feature. The trick was locating the speaker, lighted photon chamber, Sound driver and power source all within the gun. The speaker is in the butt stock , so the sound is Loud ! the battery pack and power up switch are mounted on the front chamber of the scope. The Rest is sandwiched between the two fore stocks . The firing chamber has a high intensity whit LED that fires with the Chip. It can be fired as a single shot or full Semi-auto. The entire gun can be taken apart in less than 3 minutes. Same as an M-1 carbine. Now I want the pistol to go with the rifle and then mount both on a wall unit like the Mugumba, Red river or the Lieutenant ! Here is a short video and some stills.

http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c112/Eag...ent=IKE2185.flv

Here is the link to watch the Star Trek episode. It's a good one. Very clear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6IgEEBizyA

post-545-1233263438.jpg

post-545-1233263466.jpg

post-545-1233263484.jpg

post-545-1233263438.jpg

post-545-1233263466.jpg

post-545-1233263484.jpg

That.

Is.

Awesome.

Great attention to detail. The wood body and handle are beautiful, and the stock, site, wires and... well... EVERYTHING give it a great retro-futuristic look. I love the sound fx, and I even love the speaker placement. (It's the same place that the speaker is located on the Marx Captain Space Solar Scout Rifle -- so there's a nice, subtle connection to the vintage toys we all know and love!)

I'd call the project a complete success. Can't wait to see how the pistol turns out!

Congratulations!

Most excellent, Mark! Bravo! Make the pistol now.

I wish I would have known you were looking for that sound effect. I have a whole library of sound effects at work.

Mark,

That was well worth waiting for!!! Looks great and sounds awsome. I could use one of those up here. There seem to be a lot of Gorns wandering the woods this winter.

Mark = Please don't mistake my having been too sick and out of it as just not liking your new creation and making a post about it! But I'm trying hard to catch up this beautiful warm morning up here (only 38 is very warm for this time of year for us!) and I want to make it clear that your rifle ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's just awesome and I can't wait to see the matching pistol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You and the things you've bilt are just fantastic and I wish I could do stuff like this myself. Congratulations for a wonderful work of art! ;)

Pat:

It was 50 degrees here yesterday and I wore a short sleeve shirt out changing the brakes on the Dakota. It's been so damn cold for so long.

The pistol design didn't work out. There was no way to grip it with your hand. So I redesigned it. Should be done with it today. It also fires like the big gun.

Archived