Laser Light Beam

Chaz

Hi,

I'm working on a small robot which needs a "death ray" looking light that projects a light outward a foot or so. I have tried a couple of small Radio Shack LED lights which were the correct size but even though they give off a bright ligh they don't seem to project outward enough the give the appearance of a light ray. My space for containing the light and battery is quite small. There is a tube a 1/4" in diameter and about 1 1/4" long for the laser light itself and the space for the battery is 5/16" wide and 1 1/4" long. Is there anything out there that will work. It could even be a key chain light bob that I can disassemble and rebuild.

Peace,

Chaz

post-659-1232634894.jpg

Hi,

I'm working on a small robot which needs a "death ray" looking light that projects a light outward a foot or so. I have tried a couple of small Radio Shack LED lights which were the correct size but even though they give off a bright ligh they don't seem to project outward enough the give the appearance of a light ray. My space for containing the light and battery is quite small. There is a tube a 1/4" in diameter and about 1 1/4" long for the laser light itself and the space for the battery is 5/16" wide and 1 1/4" long. Is there anything out there that will work. It could even be a key chain light bob that I can disassemble and rebuild.

Peace,

Chaz

its all down to the kind of led you use some have a projected beam pattern some give omnidirectional light, use a white one from a led torch for a beam , or how about using an actual lazer, there are plenty of those about in the form of key chain lazer pointers.

Years go by, this was covered on Alphadrome but I can not find the threads. The basics are use a lazor pointer the lazor diode is very small if you take it out of the pointer case, but no mater what type of light, diode or lazor you use it will not be visible as a death ray bean unless you first fill the room with Stage fog, cheep holloween fogers can be had dirt cheep in Octobor. Any time you watch a tv show or movie or stage play or for that matter the WWE / rock shows when you can see the light as a beam then this means the room has been filled with a fog mist for the light to reflect on/in. I did a Gort head once that had a lazor been in the visor but you needed the room foged first to get the effect. In fact I took 3 lasor pointers bundled together and had them rotate, this was a very cool effect.

• 1 month later...

Archived