Catalog: Antique Toy Catalog Archive

Joe K.

Hi Joe ... Thanks for the Christmas card !

I have downloaded everything on the page from the top to the bottom...I found a couple of

Space Cadet & Buck Rogers space toys, but just THREE actual robots.

Robert the Robot in the 1956 Billy & Ruth catalog.

Electric Robot & Son in the 1957 Bloomingdales catalog.

Mr. Machine in the 1960 Billy & Ruth catalog.

and, as ER&S mentioned below, the Big Max conveyor.

Let me know if you want me to post the space toy pics, or need blowups of anything...

Bob

post-130-1231474237.jpg

post-130-1231474255.jpg

post-130-1231474278.jpg

Just thought I would throw in these from the 1950's Billy & Ruth Catalogs, some may be of interest to the ray gun guys.

1952 pg 39 space target with super rocket gun & tom corbett space cadet model-craft modelling kit pg 44 flash gordon space outfit including plastic rocket water gun.

1956 pg 18 turbo jet and rocket launching platform. pg 21 signal ray gun (remco). Pg 25 electronic shooting range (has a ray gun look)

1958 & 1959 numerous rocket, missile & sattellite launchers but not really space toys. 1959 pg 36 moon shot target bell game.

Hey, back then according to an entry here, telephone banking was way ahead of its time (but only for Space Cadets)?? :P

Thanks for the great information and pics Robobob. That auto dashboard was one of my great wants in the early '60's, but only one windshield wiper? (Oh, that was ahead of its time as well)! :D I did have that clown Jack-In-The-Box...I really dig those weird and wonderful descriptions of the old toys...many words have been modified over the years and they come off quite humourous now.

Some nice finds here. And a couple that are "NEW" to the Timeline. But, help me put them in perspective. Below are the posted photos in order. Can you I.D. the catalogs they're from?

Thanks, Bob!

Robert the Robot - 1956 Billy and Ruth catalog

Electric Robot & Son (Maroon and Grey variation) / Big Max - 1957 Bloomingdales catalog

Mr. Machine (Blue color variation?) - 1960 Billy and Ruth catalog

Race To The Moon -

Buck Rogers Holster and Pistol Set / Buck Rogers Rocket Pistol -

Buck Rogers Rubber Stamp Printing Set -

Buck Rogers 25th Century Equipment: Disintegrator, Holster for Disintegrator, Helmet, Combat Set -

Rocket Darts -

Flash Gordon Air Ray Gun -

Robot Bus -

'tomic Rocket -

Space Cadet Suits / Sonic Ray Gun / Space Rocket / Space Helmet / Spacemen / Station Saturnia - 1954 F.A.O. Schwarz catalog

Signal Ray Gun -

Satellite Launcher Truck / Sky Sweeper Truck -

Siren Sparkle Space Target -

Satellite Launcher Truck -

Lunar-1 Moon Rocket / Parachute Rocket -

Moon Explorer / Count Down / Yankee-Doodle Rocket Test Center -

Space Age Erector -

The Red Fox Missile -

Astroray Gun (and target) - 1962 Billy and Ruth catalog

Bob - Could you also add the photos that Kilroy mentions in his post, please.

Great resource! Sorry I've been absent on this one Joe. I'm off to the collectibles show today but I'll be back tonight to help with the questions you pose above.

There's no rush, Don. These will be around for awhile. Whenever you have the spare time to fill in the blanks, my friend.

How was the show?

There's no rush, Don. These will be around for awhile. Whenever you have the spare time to fill in the blanks, my friend.

How was the show?

Not the greatest show I've been to let me tell you Joe. This was a much smaller show than the one held at the Portland Expo three times a year. I picked up six VHS tapes of the first season of Lost in Space (buck a piece and never opened), the Baby Boomer Toys and Collectibles book and a vintage Chinese boxed tin convertible.

Still, better than staying home on a Saturday.

Sorry Joe, here you go...

Robert the Robot - 1956 Billy and Ruth catalog

Electric Robot & Son (Maroon and Grey variation) / Big Max - 1957 Bloomingdales catalog

Mr. Machine (Blue color variation?) - 1960 Billy and Ruth catalog

Race To The Moon - 1932 Billy and Ruth catalog

Buck Rogers Holster and Pistol Set / Buck Rogers Rocket Pistol - 1934 Billy and Ruth catalog

Buck Rogers Rubber Stamp Printing Set - 1935 Billy and Ruth catalog

Buck Rogers 25th Century Equipment: Disintegrator, Holster for Disintegrator, Helmet, Combat Set - 1935 Billy and Ruth catalog

Rocket Darts - 1941 Billy and Ruth catalog

Flash Gordon Air Ray Gun - 1948 F.A.O. Schwarz catalog

Robot Bus - 1950 Billy and Ruth catalog

'tomic Rocket - 1951 F.A.O. Schwarz catalog

Space Cadet Suits / Sonic Ray Gun / Space Rocket / Space Helmet / Spacemen / Station Saturnia - 1954 F.A.O. Schwarz catalog

Signal Ray Gun - 1956 Billy and Ruth catalog

Satellite Launcher Truck / Sky Sweeper Truck - 1957 Billy and Ruth catalog

Siren Sparkle Space Target - 1958 Billy and Ruth catalog

Satellite Launcher Truck - 1958 Billy and Ruth catalog

Lunar-1 Moon Rocket / Parachute Rocket - 1959 Billy and Ruth catalog

Moon Explorer / Count Down / Yankee-Doodle Rocket Test Center - 1959 Billy and Ruth catalog

Space Age Erector - 1960 Billy and Ruth catalog

The Red Fox Missile - 1961 Billy and Ruth catalog

Astroray Gun (and target) - 1962 Billy and Ruth catalog

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Archived